Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Our house came with one in the basement which we smugly thought was going to make this easy. We just learned that they are next to useless when the snow is deeper than they are tall.

Yup.  When I first moved into our house, I wondered why my neighbors would go out multiple times during a large storm with their snowblowers (I previously was in places where I or a condo association handled shoveling/plowing).  Then I saw the trouble one had when he didn't....

We have a plow service, but we're still out there shoveling the parts they don't get (walkways, right up to the garage doors, steps, etc).

Nate, do we get another camera view of your tractor runs?

Edited by skullguise

I was let out of work at 1pm today because of the snow. We're expecting 3-5 inches, (the superstorm that shut down Atlanta a couple weeks ago was 2 inches), so I went and got a pizza myself. The kids are elsewhere, riding out the storm, so I have most of a gallon of milk, plenty of bread (I don't know why we stock up on this stuff when weather gets bad, but we did it for cereal and grilled cheese sandwiches), and most importantly... 4/5's of a bottle of bourbon.

Oh! I JUST realized that since I live in a house now, I can have a grill! I've been apartment dwelling the past 5 years or so, and haven't had that luxury!

/me has something else to shop for soon.

**BRENT**

This. For a northerner who has lived in the south, driving on ice just ain't happening, no matter how much experience you have. Well, experience does help, but not that much :) Without plows/salt trucks, the just ain't happening phrase does come to mind, and that is after driving thru a snowstorm here when they were running low/out of salt. Stay safe!

Before work

ujahyju7.jpg

From work (top level of our garage in foreground. If you look closely you'll see the snow angel and a message for our department)

bype5ugy.jpg

After work

duvyre8u.jpg

Home early this morning/late this evening (3am ish)

vapuqy6a.jpg

pu4usyza.jpg

azu5a4e2.jpg

juna5ypy.jpg

Supposed to go in at ten tomorrow... Yeah, doubt we're going to even do that. I have food, power, and internet. I think that will be what I do tomorrow, unless I can get my neighbor in a 4x4 to take me to work, or at least the top of the hill.

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon