The "I'm Hungover Thread"

The Monkey

• 4 months later...
It is always fun listening to what others have to say. Well, I’ve met a few friends yesterday night. Not much of a great deal but we had so much of fun together. We had a great chat, and more importantly. 2 Jonny walkers and 2 Below 18 vodka. At the end everyone got drunk and they started doing crazy stuff. We mixed those 2 together and I still remember how weird it tasted. Guess I am going to get more water for now! Need to rehydrate.

Worst first post ever.

• 1 year later...

Dan - try some Peychaud's Bitters in Seven-Up.

It's a mild nod to the hair-of-the-dog, and it's a common mix used by bartenders to soothe the stomach (although you'll most often see it made w Angostura Bitters).

If it's the headache thing - try a Claritin.

Headaches from congeners (perhaps an overabundance of rye whiskey or red wine for example) can be caused by histamine-1 and/or serotonin receptors in the brain triggering vascular dilation.

For this, a non-sedating histamine-1 blocker like Claritin can be a real boon.

Dan - try some Peychaud's Bitters in Seven-Up.

It's a mild nod to the hair-of-the-dog, and it's a common mix used by bartenders to soothe the stomach (although you'll most often see it made w Angostura Bitters).

Headaches from congeners (perhaps an overabundance of rye whiskey or red wine for example) can be caused by histamine-1 and/or serotonin receptors in the brain triggering vascular dilation.

Now this is a useful first post!

Edited by morphsci

Having read the "Head-Case noobs click here for your own good!" I thought it best to lurk the chat room and get a better read on the local peeps.

Dan was in there last night, asked me about my screen-name, and that was my entre (if you're a noob, never speak unless spoken to).

Since he and I are both former military, he showed mercy to a comrade-in-arms (even though he's a doggie and I'm a jar-head) and granted me permission to engage in the conversation.

Thought I should try to repay the kindness.

Since he and I are both former military, he showed mercy to a comrade-in-arms (even though he's a doggie and I'm a jar-head) and granted me permission to engage in the conversation.

I get the jar-head reference but not the doggie one. I was in the Army but it was back in the 80s so the vernacular may have changed. Which branch are doggies?

That's... really good to know.