What did you do today?

riceboy

spent bit over 1.5 hours with costco concierge service. Seems we have 2 diff membership #s. Was on phone with the rep, who 3rd lined HP, and later on costco membership services. Finally figured out that my laptop is still under warranty by Costco, but not HP. So it seems I have a chance for it to get repaired :D.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you doing this Saturday Pete?

Something boring but necessary, despite several opportunities for more fun :(

On the upshot, I just got back from Whitney, and it was a ball. Didn't go all the way to the summit, because I was too taken aback by the unexpected beauty of the area to go zipping forward as quickly as would have been necessary. Between the insane terrain, fall colors, and great early morning light, I was astounded by my surroundings.

Managed to get out of bed and stack around 2/3 of a cord of wood. This is a fairly major accomplishment, as I've been seriously ill and mostly bed-ridden for the last 36 hours. I also took delivery of the replacement Quad 12L Active (hopefully black) and the shipping label for the cherry one. If all goes well, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

For my next trick, I'm going to try to eat some solid food, and hopefully keep it down.

Woke up at 10:30, sat around for a while and listened to some music, class from 3:00 to 6:00, witnessed a half-gallon milk jug immediately followed by an equally-impressive amount of vomiting, ended the day by watching Grind, which was actually relatively decent and pretty funny.

Average day in college I would say.

Woke up at 5 AM, not by choice. Wondered why I'd been dreaming about demons possessing elaborately carved antique wood flooring. Wrote an old college friend an email while I waited for the contractors to arrive. Discussed the schedule for installing a new side door in my house with the contractors. Agreed to let them tear off the remaining clapboards on the lower part of the south face so they could check for any any other missing insulation and ...something else.

This afternoon I moved two empty bookcases and a small mission shelf, as well as the top to a case clock. Emptied the books out of a three section double-wide mission style stack bookcase set. Briefly entertained the idea of moving the said stack bookcase to the newly-emptied space. Realized what it would take to shim and level the case, and said the hell with it.

Attempted a half-hour nap.

This evening I took apart the two part audio rack next to my computer, including the APC UPS. I managed to keep from shutting down my computer by moving the APC around like a shuttle. My back is telling me this was not a good idea. While I completed this process, and later re-wired my rig, I caught up on The Daily Show using my housemates computer and my Quads.

Now am I sore, tired, cranky, and thinking I need to buy a GS1. What will I do with my GLite and DPS?