What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've never seen weather much colder than -54

Well I guess "cold" is relative. I remember in highschool I moved from Honolulu (73 degrees) to Chicago in late January (negative 32 degrees). A one hundred and five degree temperature change in one week. :o At least up north you have months to acclimate to the big chill.

I've lived in Illinois all my life, the coldest I remember was roughly -50 F with windchill factored in. It's very rare for us to dip that low though; between -10 and -30 w/ windchill is usually as cold as it will get all winter.

I grew up in NE Iowa. I do remember the first or second year that my wife and I lived in Chicago of driving back to my parents house on Christmas Eve with it around -25F air temp out. Semis stalled on the interstates from the fuel gelling... was a bit scary thinking about the car quitting out there around eleven or midnight, but it was relatively new so no problems. I wouldn't have done that if we had the kids at that time.

It's unclear what to try next. It appears as if the trimpot is not working, so I may try pulling that today if I have time. :(

It was indeed a faulty trimpot, weird. Not sure if I have a spare so we'll see if I can come up with the right resistor to set the appropriate output voltage.

Got up at 6am, and drove 45 miles to my 6 yr old's hockey game. Got there, realized we didn't have his helmet, had to turn around.

Sucks

It's unclear what to try next. It appears as if the trimpot is not working, so I may try pulling that today if I have time. :(

Sucks

Woke up tired, had some breakfast, got daughter ready to go to a Bat Mitzvah (last one of 6-7 over two years in her class), have a high school open house for her, and then she has the Bat Mitzvah party to attend tonight. Wife's sister's b-day this evening with her family coming over here for dessert. Somehow I will pay some attention to my son, my wife, my dog, and hopefully myself (time with the Luxman P-1 and world series later).

Went to a corporate children's party. Several dozen whipped- and worried-looking hedge fund guys, their (generally) hot and (regrettably) snotty wives and at least a hundred tow-headed brats all cooped up in a hotel ballroom with a troupe of acrobats and the scariest clowns in the known universe. And no booze. Kill me.

035585800110C.jpg

Apparently my dog ate the entire tail end of one of those toys because when she got stuck mid-dump just now I had to help her out by pulling the rest of it out (with a plastic bag over my hand of course). Just to gross you all out more, she threw up a pair of my daughter's underwear in the middle of the last night. I guess there wasn't any more room for the undies. :eek::rolleyes::palm: