What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up tired, had some breakfast, got daughter ready to go to a Bat Mitzvah (last one of 6-7 over two years in her class), have a high school open house for her, and then she has the Bat Mitzvah party to attend tonight. Wife's sister's b-day this evening with her family coming over here for dessert. Somehow I will pay some attention to my son, my wife, my dog, and hopefully myself (time with the Luxman P-1 and world series later).

Turns out that my wife went to the school open house so I hung out with my son and the panty-eating puppy. As such, I have had a fair amount of time listening to the Luxman during the day. Very nice surprise having some time and very pleased with the amp with both AD2K and CD3K. :)

Got up early (for a weekend) and went to this small eyewear shop on a recommendation from a good friend. It was by far the best experience I've had picking out new glasses. The experience and the deal the owner gave me was so great I ended up buying two pairs of glasses. Then went to a surprise birthday party for the same friend at a zoo. Had to bail early from the party since my allergy started acting up rather badly and I couldn't alleviate the symptoms.

Breeders' Cup @ Santa Anita

SNC11957.jpg

SNC11958.jpg

SNC11959.jpg

Kent Desormeux (hall of fame jockey and rode Big Brown before the horse had to be retired)

SNC11969.jpg

Midnight Lute (won the sprint)

SNC11974.jpg

Square Eddie (Smart Strike's (Curlin's sire) son)

SNC11967.jpg

SNC11968.jpg

Street Hero

SNC11966.jpg

some races...

SNC11962.jpg

SNC11963.jpg

another one...

SNC11965.jpg

The Big One -- Breeders' Cup Classic 25th --

Curlin (far right #9)

SNC11978.jpg

and they're off!

SNC11982.jpg

Curlin (9) in the lead and Raven's Pass ( #8 ) makes a punch for the lead...

SNC11987.jpg

SNC11988.jpg

Curlin (lost -- big upset -- head hung low) Race won by Raven's Pass and everyone thought Curlin was a shoe in.

SNC11989.jpg

thanks, here's the camera i used today...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-NV10-Digital-Optical-Reduction/dp/B000GHXWS4]Amazon.com: Samsung NV10 10.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom with Advance Shake Reduction: Camera & Photo[/ame]

just wanted to take the light one as i was also carrying these heavy binoculars for my wife

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Action-10x50-Extreme-Binocular/dp/B0001HKIK4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1224997801&sr=1-9]Amazon.com: Nikon Action 10x50 EX Extreme ATB Binocular: Camera & Photo[/ame]

the camera takes very decent photos in bright light, but it can drive me nuts indoors at night or under less than ideal lighting conditions with the long exposure times, challenge to get it into focus, and blurry images if you move. i am thinking about selling it and getting something else.

thanks, here's the camera i used today...

Amazon.com: Samsung NV10 10.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom with Advance Shake Reduction: Camera & Photo

the camera takes very decent photos in bright light, but it can drive me nuts indoors at night or under less than ideal lighting conditions with the long exposure times, challenge to get it into focus, and blurry images if you move. i am thinking about selling it and getting something else.

Thanks for letting me know what camera it was. It still does take some great shots when the horses were in motion. I guess so much for the "Advance Shake Reduction" feature :). But really, it did take some great pics.

I went to see my friend Todd today to pick up some of his unwanted audio goodies. The booty included a receiver that I'll probably give to my parents, a RS integrated amp (modded Accurian), a tube preamp and a SS preamp, both of which need a little work. I've already got the Accurian installed in the soldering rig and it'll serve just fine in that capacity until I get the SimpleSE running.