What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up hung over and muddled from a night out with JP at a show. Went to work late just in time for a last-minute meeting with a potential client that didn't actually happen. Worked some then flew to Vegas for my firm's partner retreat.

Walking through Mandalay Bay to get to the restaurant for our dinner, my still foggy and freshly alcohol-soaked brain seemed to see Ray and Grace Samuels hanging out with a group of people. After rubbing my eyes, I walked over and shocked the hell our of Ray and Grace actually realized it was me before he even saw me. Their older son is getting married in Vegas tomorrow so I met the family and we chatted a few minutes before I had to run. Small fricken world.

This morning I was cleaning out my "Art Gear" closet when I found a pristine box of artist-grade colored pencils (these aren't like your everyday crayola pencils. the pigmentation is much higher, the lead is soft and covers the paper better, not ot mention that the color is much more resistant to fading). I usually work with the charcoal/graphite medium, and now I remember I was given these a s a gift two years ago to try out.

How I even forgot I had these is beyond me...

Well, time to get back to my artistic roots. Maybe I should start drawing headphone art, haha!

Hmm, come to think of it, that's not a bad idea... maybe start out with the "President Series", showing each US president wearing some cans! Needless to say, good ol' Abe will be wearing some woodies...

EDIT: I think I will actually do this! Time to start looking at reference pics of the presidents... I think Nixon is gonna be wearing Skullcandys...

Designed tshirts, setup website to sell them :)

The problem with this is the whole copyrighted material issue. Unless I go a simpler way of drawing instead of going for portraiture quality.

But that's not a bad idea either. This could be interesting. The hard part would be having enough variety to justify opening up a "store" of some kind.

We shall see.

First things first, I need to draw.

Auditioned the Magico M5s again mated to the Meridian 808.2 and the new PS Audio PWT and DAc combo. The PS Audio PWT/DAC was a pretty impressive combo for the price and the M5s are the best pair of speakers I have heard yet. I can't say for sure that the PWT/DAC combo would beat out every CDP or transport/dac combo on the planet but for $6K they seem to beat out a lot of others for me anyway. The I2S interface and ability to play wav, RB, hi res HDX, HDCD, SACD makes this a pretty flexible part of my music network chain.