What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Mike. Me - just went to fill up the tanks w/ gas so I can start the weekly lawn ritual.

Gas, check. Ipod charged, check. ER4Ps, check. We have go, we have go for lawn mowing. See you guys in 3hrs or so.

Can't wait to see the pics! Have fun. :)

Have you ever thought of sculpting a HeadCase logo on the lawn then building one of those RC airplane kits with a camera to take a picture of your work? Easy for me to suggest since I am putting no effort into this but you are a pretty creative guy always looking for challenges. ;)

I went to the bike shop and bought my first bike since elementary school. I'm pumped. I told my wife I'd be back with a bike, whether new or used.

I'd been shopping for a used one for a few weeks, but the price of the Dew ($450) was close enough to that of used ones I've been looking at ($200-$300 on craigslist and local shops) that I just went new. Besides, the shop was all out of used hybrids anyway. It was too hard trying to find a used one that I liked and was the proper frame size. I'm 6' 2" and the frame size of the Dew is 62cm.

I'll be using the bike for rec riding and exercise, and I hope I can stretch it to commuting to the company bus stop (about 6 miles from my house). I got fenders put on it and had the stock grips replaced with contoured grips.

Kona Dew

T2K9_DEW.jpg

Went on a 5 mile hike with my kids and our 4H club along the appalachian trail up near harrisburg. In the middle was the midpoint of the trail. Was a good time, if tiring. I had no warning, my wife woke me up at 8, and said I had 20 minutes to get ready and be out the door to get there.

Had my 2:1 confirmed for my degree. Much joy and celebration on part of parents and extended family, nothing from me because I fucking knew I was getting it and if it had been a 2:2 there would have been an ape throwing shit, i.e. me at the department office.

Did the day-before-the-wedding funs with the extended family. Quite drunk now. Much hate and aggro over the very shitty meal for 30 people at a restaurant this evening. (menu choices given well in advance, still fuck ups, not one single pasta dish had the pasta been salted for, wine being included/not-included confusion and hate, desert being included/not-included hate and confusion, some guests fucking us over by not paying their share to such an extent as to make it worthy of a Python skit.

Tomo, allowing for plans to follow through, will be epic beyond the scope of mortal men. That is however, on the proviso that I can get to sleep with the all night noise of the rave party going on tonight for another group of guests not keeping me awake. But neverthematter, I have head-case to lull away my late hours.