What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a ton of work piled onto me by coworkers, had engine troubles braving traffic in the rain, made an unproductive trip to the county courthouse for the second time, Emotiva called to ask why Fedex calculates my zip code to be another city one hour away that they have shipped my cables to, finally came home, unsuccessfully tried getting my new external hard drive that was delivered today to work (pretty sure its defective), and just finished cooking dinner (ruining a shirt in the process) after scaring off whoever it was breaking into my storage closet outside.

fmylife.

I started building a custom wooden box for my K1000. The one that came with it was falling apart, and it was boring. So far I've just got the four sides of the box cut, dovetailed and glued together. The four sides will be Canary wood. I'm not certain as to the top, but probably Walnut, with Walnut trim around the bottom and top of the box too.

Got the snowblower up and running again.

Looking forward to it, Nate? ;)

Color me jealous, Andrew. Really contemplated getting a snowblower this season, but decided it's an extra expense I can live without after paying for the kitchen. I'm certain that I will be regretting this decision sooner rather than later. :palm:

Spent the morning with Jack. We went to Barnes & Noble with the rest of the fathers/children in Tribeca. I guess it's something of a Tribeca Mecca. I can't wait until the public library opens in our building.

We got some book about a blue truck and good old "Make Way for Ducklings". We also did a fair amount of reading while there. It is really cool to see him starting to read. Picked up some lunch for ourselves and Katie and now we're eating lunch, getting ready for naptime. I like naptime.

Fucking snow ruined my plans today. I'd rather not have to drive around in it.
You really don't -- I had someone stop in front of me on Seven Locks for absolutely no fucking reason. Not going anywhere I don't have to.

However, while I was out earlier, I had some nice Thai at Taipei Tokyo off Shady Grove -- highly recommended, Dan. They also have superb sushi (it's one of them "multi-cultural" places).

Just returned from our annual Los Angeles/Orange County Audio Society awards dinner. Had a very nice time, I met Fritz of Fritz speakers and invited him to participate in our next So Cal meet so this time we can give Miguel more details on the Fritz speakers.I thanked Eveana Manley for participating in CanJam and Peter of PBN audio for participating as well. These manufactures are some of the nicest approachable down to earth people. Invited a couple of cool guys there to come out for our next headphone meet. All in all a good evening and those Manley Neo 500 watters sound sweeeet!

You really don't -- I had someone stop in front of me on Seven Locks for absolutely no fucking reason. Not going anywhere I don't have to.

Yeah, it's usually the other people out and about that ruin it, although driving around neighborhood roads with snow kind of sucks. I already hate driving when it's raining since people go a lot slower and still manage to crash into everything.

Procrastination ftw indeed. I have no idea why we bought that snowblower.