What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Congrats Aimless!

Secondly, I started work today. Showed up when I was supposed to, best dressed male in the class (one of two with a tie). Showed initiative, helped out the trainer with powerpoint/training, showed I picked things up quickly. I'm off to a good start. I'm one of two people in the training class that the trainer knows the name off (the other being a reasonably attractive female who you can tell has a dirty side... ;) ). Got some good news at the end of the day as well...

HEADPHONES AT WORK!

Yeah... day 2 of the fairly-boring-but-it's-a-job-with-potential work and I get to rock the iPod/Pandora/Slacker/whatever.

Think I'm going to go download all of the engadget podcasts and geek out.

It's been a really good day, I feel great.

**BRENT**

I got a letter from my county's human resources reading that I am no longer on a temporary contract (required when I was rehired) and had been formally placed back on a probationary contract. Such a relief, now I am no longer able to be removed from my contract with a 30 days notice, the year will count towards receiving my tenure, and my contract will not automatically expire at the end of the year. It was a scary moment opening the letter as I thought the letter might actually be the thirty days notice and its rarely good news to get one IME.

In other news, Fedex attempted delivery of the O2 mk1. I will perform the hours drive to get it to my home tomorrow. :prettyprincess: