What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visited the MOT-sponsored thread on HF a few times to see if the Slim pre-order was up yet, not being certain how fast the 1st 100 special warranty spots will be taken.

Still not completely sold on a portable amp versus just a simple DAP for walking around, but this one would pair well with the 1st gen iMod Nano; be a smaller combination than the Pico by itself.

Visited the MOT-sponsored thread on HF a few times to see if the Slim pre-order was up yet, not being certain how fast the 1st 100 special warranty spots will be taken.

Still not completely sold on a portable amp versus just a simple DAP for walking around, but this one would pair well with the 1st gen iMod Nano; be a smaller combination than the Pico by itself.

Was doing the same thing myself, though I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to get one. I've had multiple portable amps in the past and I've always found them to be more hassle than anything else. What makes me want the Pico Slim is the range of volume control it would offer with JH13's, as I get very little range with my DAPs and I can't even listen to them through Duet's headphone out due to too much noise.

Color me jealous, Mike. I've been wanting to do that for few years now - maybe I'll manage to convince my in-laws for the next year.

I made two 10 pounders with a dry rub recommended by Dan. It was a big hit. I'm not sure we will ever roast a turkey again, which made my mother in law very happy. We went to a friends house today for the Gator v. 'Noles game and he fried a turkey. Despite T'giving two days earlier, I was not sick of turkey, it was so good.

got up at 4am so that I could get to the rink in time to get thomas to warmups while still getting my work done

His team won with a buzzer beater at 0.7 seconds.

Then I did the score sheet for the other game in his division.

Went home, slept for an hour.

Got a call saying the work I was supposed to do at 4pm was ready to be done at noon, so I drove like crazy to get to the office.

Got there, found out they weren't ready yet. Hung out for an hour.

Finally was able to start my work. Helped make sure one of the guys that works for me was up and running. Then went about fixing my own setup. Had some disk trouble, gave up for a bit, went and had sushi with Mr. Chawk. That was a good thing.

Get back to the office, work for an hour, realize the problem was 1/3 of my disks were still switched off.

Fix that problem, head home. Watch caps win in a buttman special (shootout). Good, but kinda like kissing your aunt.

Opened a box with an RCM in it, and another box with 2 bottles of cigar city beer in it. Thanky mr lawyer sir.

Now I'm drinking homebrew.

got up at 4am so that I could get to the rink in time to get thomas to warmups while still getting my work done

His team won with a buzzer beater at 0.7 seconds.

Then I did the score sheet for the other game in his division.

Went home, slept for an hour.

Got a call saying the work I was supposed to do at 4pm was ready to be done at noon, so I drove like crazy to get to the office.

Got there, found out they weren't ready yet. Hung out for an hour.

Finally was able to start my work. Helped make sure one of the guys that works for me was up and running. Then went about fixing my own setup. Had some disk trouble, gave up for a bit, went and had sushi with Mr. Chawk. That was a good thing.

Get back to the office, work for an hour, realize the problem was 1/3 of my disks were still switched off.

Fix that problem, head home. Watch caps win in a buttman special (shootout). Good, but kinda like kissing your aunt.

Opened a box with an RCM in it, and another box with 2 bottles of cigar city beer in it. Thanky mr lawyer sir.

Now I'm drinking homebrew.

A good day one feels :)

:palm:

Well...at least you figured out what it was.

Yes, the sushi was, indeed, superb. I usually get really good sushi, I had forgotten how long it had been since I had really excellent sushi.

I ended up not drinking the homebrew right away, but I don't want to let it sit around for too long, correct (the bottling thing)? Or is this one of those cases where the longer I let it sit around the better (fermenting)?

Interestingly, there was zero drinking and zero talk of alcoholic beverages.