What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinuses killing me here too, listening to the liquid behind my ear drums and chest cold nastiness at night trying to sleep.

Went to court this morning for two hours and now must pay court fees plus a $225 fee for substance abuse classes for possession of an open container (leftover incident from Halloween). Nothing going on my record if things go as planned. Bleh, but not horrible.

My desktop rig is Mac optical -> DA10 -> Gilmore Lite, with loop out of the GLite continuing to some desktop speakers (Swan S3W). I've known for a while that the speakers were sucking a ton of SQ out of the headphone rig, which sounded anemic and hollowed out with the speakers connected, and massively better when they're unplugged from the loop-out.

Today I finally did something about it: revived an old desktop Pimeta to serve as a buffer between the rest of the rig and the speakers. Hurrah! Proper headphone SQ restored, and I don't have to connect and disconnect the speakers all the time.

It sort of bothers me to be using a whole OPA627 Pimeta just to compensate for a crummy speaker input circuit, but I wasn't using the amp for anything so I'm trying to be pleased to have a productive use for some old equipment.

Updated my resume/credentials after being notified from MA DESE (former DOE) that they've finally finished reviewing my paperwork and that I've advanced my educator license to the next level. My work was rather happy to hear this news as this means they have another Professional license level teacher in the school. Now I get to worry about accumulating PDP's. Joy.

Today started yesterday morning and doesn't look like it will end tonight.

Damnit. I hate not sleeping. I'm more than useless but there's just so much that needs to be done right now. I'm pretty sure I've passed the LD50 for caffeine 3 cups of coffee ago. Words like "awesominate" and "kickasserize" are inadvertently finding their way into my lexicon. My eyelids feel like someone hung 15 pound dumbells off each one.

Back to work cat, back to work :basement:

1. Packed up the Menace TC Lite, bittersweet.{/QUOTE]

:)

You keep saying this, and yet still keep coming back for more!

Woot!

Me: slept in late, hung out with grawk, had beer. The Alaskan amber was pretty good, the stout kinda tasted like some joker mixed some IPA in with what could have been a very nice brew. :D Barely avoided driving to Philly for a repeat of last night.

This evening Ric, Shelly, and I wished JP a fond farewell from the Left Coast by taking him out to the Trappist and Luka's Taproom in Oaktown. It was a sad occasion from my perspective, but fun to send him out in some amount of style. I'm gonna miss ya, buddy, but it was fun having you around. Is Grawk going to have to be New New Mike?

Cheers.