What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all!

I remember going through the top clearance process and my neighbors coming over and being worried because an FBI agent had interviewed them. Funny now but at the time 25 years ago it was not. Funny thing is I never took the job. :rolleyes:

Still in my weird but superbly happy state after a crazy week of work, ending with a seriously crazy Friday, and topped off with a very nice and not crazy dinner at the Brother Tuckers with Mike and John. Life is good.

And congrats to Ric. :)

Congrats Ric, you deserve some treat now, don't ya? ;D

I watched Brazil defeat too :palm: Not that it surprised me, they have superb players, but lack that group spirit that make things work when difficulties appear. Let's see what happens today with Germany vs. Argentina and Spain... oh Spain ;D

Just took the car for an MOT test (in the UK every car over 3 years old gets a roadworthiness test; takes an hour). Horrendous traffic so I arrived 10 minutes late. Guy refused to do it. I was not a happy bunny.

Been going there 18 years - so much for loyalty. Last time too - time to go somewhere else I think.

Congrats everyone. We're home from Tour de Indiana and still have 3 days off. Doing some around the house things to satisfy a post-purchase inspection but nothing very strenuous Mostly a lick of paint etc. Then off to watch fireworks tonight. With much beer and grilled morsels throughout.

On the bus to Boston for the long weekend. The "normal" buses were booked except for horrible times, so decided to risk a chinatown. Not bad at all, only thing it is really lacking is the power outlets Bolt and Megabus provide, but for $15 each way, I can't complain.

Picked up Mary and Emily from their week-a-way camp at 1am, slept for four hours then road for 29 miles-felt like 70, shoulda been 35 at least. Oh well, everyone is home safe and sound and the BBQing begins in four and one half hours.

Mike Vickie and John you guys look like you are having fun, keep it up!

Went to the range and shot my new guns, bought a hostler for the seecamp, but still need one for the Springfield. Put about 200 rounds of whitebox through the EMP with no failures. Put about 20 rounds through the seecamp.....OUCH. Now to figure out how to clean these little things.

I spent the day doing geek stuff, specifically building a couple of cables to feed the RD7 energizer I bought from Birgir. I am not a cable making kind of guy but I figure why not try it, so I bought a lot of parts from Monoprice.com which arrived yesterday. Not very expensive for a 25 foot roll of 14 gauge speaker wire and 6 speaker plugs, plus some heat shrink and two sets of banana plugs from Radio shack. I guess less than $60 spent and I was able to make two short (3 foot long) connections for SRD7 plus two (6 foot long) speaker leads for the office. Anyway here is a picture, still need to wipe off the excess glue and find some red heat shrink for the right connectors (afraid they may touch).

DSCN0975.JPG

Woke up late (7:45) as there is no day camp today. Had a leisurely breakfast and then headed over to the community pool around noon. Spent the next three hours alternately going up and then down the water slide. Came home, changed and then went over to pick up the sleepover guest. Around 5:00 we headed over to the lake for a little fishing. No success so we then headed out for some Mexican food. Two Negra Modelos and some Camarones a la Diabla and life is good.