What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so it is hot tonight and I go out to the back yard to get things moved around to prepare for the lawn to be mowed tomorrow. I reach into a dark equipment pit we have in the back yard for a motorized cover. As I am working the switch to close the cover, out crawls a two foot long snake barely inches from my hand. I nearly soiled my trousers, nice way to start my long evening.

Richard Simmons too?!??!?! This gay thing is becoming epidemic.

Just wait, the gestation period is almost over, and everyone Fitz and I touched at CJ will soon find themselves saying words like...fabulous, davenport and aubergine. :D

Just wait, the gestation period is almost over, and everyone Fitz and I touched at CJ will soon find themselves saying words like...fabulous, davenport and aubergine. :D

I never heard of the word 'davenport' until my wife told me her farmer grandparents from Wisconsin used it all the time. As in 'you kids dasn't jump on that davenport!'

Maybe it's time to come out of the closet and admit that you are actually an old time farmer from Wisconsin.

Does the fact that I enjoy saying wine names with every bit of authenticity I can manage mean it's working? Mostly I do it to confuse the local rednecks, who regularly fail when trying to pronounce "grigio" phonetically. Usually they stop at "grig" and realize they're all wrong but when I pronounce it correctly it's like I'm their 2001 Space Odyssey monolith come to advance North Florida humanity a few decades.

I really should get off the subject of rednecks but my hatred for the south grows daily.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

You know you really shouldn't let them in on that, it ruins the surprise.

I Hor-Hay Wo-Hee-Tes was the guitarist's name. The woman proudly thundered out his web address, certain we would visit post haste (she was right). He is a Pole from England, if his bio is to be believed. How deliciously Hispanic

That was excellent Reks!

Our Polish population is going down rapidly. They all came across to England when the pay was so much better. But now the Polish economy is pretty good, they are all going back to their families (or clearly to the US...). So now what are we going to do for dentists, doctors, hotel cleaners and flamenco guitarists?

out crawls a two foot long snake barely inches from my hand. I nearly soiled my trousers, nice way to start my long evening.

I'll stick to the UK thanks. We only have three rare snakes, only one of which is very mildly poisonous (the adder). We have no poisonous spiders, two stinging insects (the bee and the wasp), and no dangerous wild animals. Well, not quite on that count - wild boar have been re-introduced in some remote areas. But you'd have to be determined to find them, and provoke one enough to have a go at you.

That looks pretty tasty, actually.

Huh. I've tried explaining the concept to several Canadians, and they are all horrified at the thought. Mind you, this is a country/province that enjoys canned moose meat, so I really shouldn't trust their opinions on food......

Woke up to Asplundh graciously cutting the dead limbs of the oak tree in my front yard (which has power lines on both sides). I tried to hire people to do this a few weeks ago and they declined due to the danger (and lack of a bucket truck); now I get it done for free via Pepco.

I love the smell of chain saw in the morning:)

I really should get off the subject of rednecks but my hatred for the south grows daily.

I'll let you in on a little secret. A lot of us down here have that same hatred for our visitors from the north every winter. Then spring comes and the obnoxious fuckers go back home. Of course we will probably never learn how to properly pronounce wine names, but life goes on.

Edited by ronnielee54

Just hooked up the Adcom GDA 700 DAC I bought. Listening now and pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds. This will surely hold me through until the BuffaloII is done. How did I collect this much gear again? :palm:

It gets even better once you replace those tired old electrolytics... :)