What did you do today?

riceboy

what were you using before? i think you'll enjoy having an HDTV. get a blu-ray player, while you're at it, and watch the 2001 BD.

Had a CRT, but mostly watched everything on a laptop, iPad or in theaters. Either travelled to the big screen (much easier in SF than the burb I recently moved to) or replicated the hidden book and flashlight under the covers thing (watched Gus Van Sant's LAST DAYS with iPad and HD25-1s last night). Like the intimacy, like headphones. Know it affects the films watched, like headphones. Have to admit I'm a bit bias (have said a few times "becoming an audiophile pushes you towards better music, but becoming a videophile nudges you towards worse films." Only half believe that, but am a tiny bit nervous of the candy pull. I certainly can get distracted. Anyway, I've crossed over (picked up the Emotiva sub on sale also) so will see where this leads. Revisiting 2001 is a great suggestion. Curious of checking out IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE and 2046 again too. I'm sure in the end I'll probably like the jump. Please attack me if I start posting about the beauty of THE FIFTH ELEMENT though.

Speaking of 2001, will be interesting to see how the GF reacts tonight when she returns from trip with a monolith on the wall. Maybe I should have the soundtrack playing. ;)

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Began trying out SmugMug. Flickr has been annoying me of late, especially with the recent interface change, so decided to explore other options before moving to another hosting site became too arduous. So far, so good - my wife and Libby's grandparents like the way SmugMug displays pics better than flickr.

Had a CRT, but mostly watched everything on a laptop, iPad or in theaters. Either travelled to the big screen (much easier in SF than the burb I recently moved to) or replicated the hidden book and flashlight under the covers thing (watched Gus Van Sant's LAST DAYS with iPad and HD25-1s last night). Like the intimacy, like headphones. Know it affects the films watched, like headphones. Have to admit I'm a bit bias (have said a few times "becoming an audiophile pushes you towards better music, but becoming a videophile nudges you towards worse films." Only half believe that, but am a tiny bit nervous of the candy pull. I certainly can get distracted. Anyway, I've crossed over (picked up the Emotiva sub on sale also) so will see where this leads. Revisiting 2001 is a great suggestion. Curious of checking out IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE and 2046 again too. I'm sure in the end I'll probably like the jump. Please attack me if I start posting about the beauty of THE FIFTH ELEMENT though.

Speaking of 2001, will be interesting to see how the GF reacts tonight when she returns from trip with a monolith on the wall. Maybe I should have the soundtrack playing. ;)

Oh man, The Fifth Element was a great movie, I have the superbit DVD at my parent's house, need to watch that again!

My family dog passed away this morning. It was tough to see him go but it was his time. He was in a lot of pain for the last week and hasn't been his happy self for a while. I am glad he is at peace now.

Here is the web page I made in memory of him. I will miss him a lot.

Sorry Shelly, that really sucks losing a loved pet. He looks like a great dog.

My family dog passed away this morning. It was tough to see him go but it was his time. He was in a lot of pain for the last week and hasn't been his happy self for a while. I am glad he is at peace now.

Here is the web page I made in memory of him. I will miss him a lot.

Sorry to hear this sad news, Shelly. I love the web page, though. Looks like Ranger was a good dog. RIP.