What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exec. said that they might doing callbacks for second round interviews as soon as this afternoon.

I got the second interview :). It's going to be a full day job shadow and tour with the current employees.

Only thing is, since I don't graduate until May, they are going to hold off on having me visit until sometime in the spring. I suppose it makes sense to wait and decide on the job offer until I can actually work for them.

Regardless, I'm 1 for 1.

Thanks Greg, but i was pretty good about the stretching. I'm just a fat out of shape bastard and the class was hard. My quads feel like they no longer are in control of my legs. I need painkillers. Now!

Regardless, I'm going back next week.

Good for you, Dinny!

I pre-emptively medicate with 2 ibuprofen just before or after a hard workout if I've missed for a while. (Besides the obvious - good warm up,light stretch after warmup, and good cool down, or look for a beginner's class?)

I got the second interview :). It's going to be a full day job shadow and tour with the current employees.

Only thing is, since I don't graduate until May, they are going to hold off on having me visit until sometime in the spring. I suppose it makes sense to wait and decide on the job offer until I can actually work for them.

Regardless, I'm 1 for 1.

Congrats, Bryan! Esp impressive in this economy!

i hire a mob hit man to chase me around for a few hours. i find that's a good workout. the stab wounds always hurt for weeks, though.
You know, I've thought about this, too. Of course, in my case, I don't use a mob hit man, but the traffic in the DC area is enough to raise my heart rate for 25 minutes at a time...that's the whole point of exercise, innit? To raise your heart rate for a period of time?

You know, I've thought about this, too. Of course, in my case, I don't use a mob hit man, but the traffic in the DC area is enough to raise my heart rate for 25 minutes at a time...that's the whole point of exercise, innit? To raise your heart rate for a period of time?

I do the same via massive doses of caffeine. Hardly have to get out of my chair and my heart beats as fast as a scared baby rabbit.

Impressive Bryan, congrats!

Packed up the perishables and winterized the travel trailer. Came home and realize that I left the TV antenna up and didn't clean out the medicine cabinet. Good thing I plan on going back up net weekend.

Not sure what exactly happened last night. Heard a ruckus outside the trailer including some clanging. Looked this morning and the stabilizer bars I installed up at the front of the trailer were knocked down and the dog's water dish was dragged under the middle of the trailer. Jason only comes out on Halloween, right? ;)

I'm in DC right now, the traffic actually seems rather lame.

Good for you, Dinny!

I pre-emptively medicate with 2 ibuprofen just before or after a hard workout if I've missed for a while. (Besides the obvious - good warm up,light stretch after warmup, and good cool down, or look for a beginner's class?)

Bizzarely there is apparently no difference to the incidence of sports injuries by warming up or cooling down before a session (as compared with just getting straight down to it) of whatever your personal endorphin fix comes from. That, along with all sorts of other myth busting stuff comes from the book "Born to Run".

i hire a mob hit man to chase me around for a few hours. i find that's a good workout. the stab wounds always hurt for weeks, though.

I once carried out a citizen's arrest in Cambridge. My (then) young son had just had his tonsils out, and I had taken my lunch break to look for a cuddly toy for him. Guy sprints out of a jewellers just in front of me followed by two guys in suits - they guy had just grabbed a bunch of expensive stuff and run out. So I chased him at a safe distance - for me just a trot. I reckoned that if he stopped, I'd stop. If he pulled a knife I knew I could run away faster than he could chase. Eventually ran him to a standstill in one of the colleges, and the police took him away with "We've been trying to nail this SOB for months!". Got a modest reward from both the police and the jewellers, which was nice, and a slot in the Cambridge newspapers.

You can get away with this sort of stunt in the UK because opportunist thiefs don't have guns. In fact no-one is allowed handguns in law here, so shooting crime is vanishingly small. Knife crime is more common, because any knife will do.

Bizzarely there is apparently no difference to the incidence of sports injuries by warming up or cooling down before a session (as compared with just getting straight down to it) of whatever your personal endorphin fix comes from. That, along with all sorts of other myth busting stuff comes from the book "Born to Run".

Interesting. How about just general soreness, rather than actual injury?

Interesting. How about just general soreness, rather than actual injury?

With muscle soreness (which could be either lactic acid, or injury) I'd beware of exercising again until it has eased off. Whenever I have had a break and run into this problem, it always seems more sore on the second day.

Drove into Boston to see my brother at his swim meet. We managed to get stuck in traffic both on the way (BC football game) and way back (folk getting ready for Head of the Charles). No offense meant to any swimmers our there, but swim meet has got to be one of the most boring sports to go watch (except, of course, when your sibling/relative/friend/etc. is actually swimming). It also lasted a lot longer than we expected so we shelved the plan to walk around Boston afterward (i.e., no walk-around photo of Boston for me) and just came home.