What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats. I had no idea you were running a marathon.

Congrats. I've done a couple of metric centuries and they are hard as hell. Never did a full century. I can only imagine how difficult it is.

Mike it is really no different in effort than a marathon really. Takes six hours but not as tough on the body I think.

Congrats by the way, good for you.

Aimless1, that's just weird. Doesn't a medical examiner have to declare things and whatnot before a funeral home can scoop you up, or did I watch too much tv as a kid?

That is pretty much my thinking. Not really the time or place to ask too many questions, but apparently she was under hospice care, and as fate would have it, many of her hospice care providers were at the funeral visitation. Apparently their presence was enough to allow the home to keep her. I can't imagine the funeral home would keep a body they shouldn't have. But a rather confusing time last night, to say the least.

That is pretty much my thinking. Not really the time or place to ask too many questions, but apparently she was under hospice care, and as fate would have it, many of her hospice care providers were at the funeral visitation. Apparently their presence was enough to allow the home to keep her. I can't imagine the funeral home would keep a body they shouldn't have. But a rather confusing time last night, to say the least.

Sorry about the terrible news. How's your family doing today?

Thanks for all your well wishes. Family is having a tough time today, but the funeral is over for my wife's uncle. They can now deal with her deceased aunt. As you might imagine, the surviving siblings (Mom Z and Uncle Jim) are both in shock, even today. Not surprising.

I'm pretty sure as a courtesy to the family the home moved the body so as not to cause a scene during the visitation. No doubt whatever procedure needed to be followed was handled after the visitation. The aunt's arrangements will be handled tomorrow morning, which seems to me to be a good idea.

An incredible series of events and a tragic loss for the family. Shock and awe pretty much describes the feeling.

Arm is stinging but otherwise fine. Good to be unhurt, bad at not getting to skive boring tutorial tomo. ;p

You can't drive without insurance. It's against the law. But my insurance was 3rd party fire and theft, so I won't get any money for this. Although my premium might go up.

Well that sucks. :(

So what actually happened?

I drove too fast for the road conditions and flipped the car round a corner. It landed on the passenger side on the wrong side of the road. I got out through the sunroof after falling out of my seat when I took my belt off.

Phoned my dad and he came up the hill and we towed the car back to the house.

I didn't make it to the talk by the visiting speaker from Harviestoun Brewery at the union.

Insurance doesn't hurt too much. The car was only worth a few hundred pounds.