What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been a good day grouse hunting when...

1. I HAVE to use 4-wheel drive to get to where I want to hunt

2. Water goes over the top of my boots while getting to the cover

3. The dog is working well without bells, beeper collars or use of the whistle

Little bit of all those things today. Cover wasn't great, but Quest (my Gordon Setter) pointed a bird which flew out the opposite side of the dead fall. Pretty red phase grouse. Saw a grey phase bird flush wild at more than 100 yards while crossing the stream where the beaver dam used to be (yep, that's where water crested my boot top). Quest worked the cover to perfection, simply beautiful to watch. Three birds, one pointed and no shots possible. Much better than simply driving and looking for cover.

One tired dog and worn hunter thinking about the day that was and dreaming about tomorrow.

Took the kids for H1N1 jabs. Hope it was the right thing to do. Really hard to know, with all the public health back-and-forth. Shots in the dark? :palm:

Called my doctor's office to find out about swine flu (none of this "H1N1" stuff since we found out the pork industry's flacks were pushing the media to use it. All flu is "H1 something". It's swine flu, dammit. Oh sorry. Off my meds. Where was I?) Oh yeah. they'll know if they have any vax for non- kids, oh, along about the end of flu season. What a system.

Two of my friends have swine flu now. It truly sucks.

it's not that bad. If you're not a kid, why are you worried about it? It's just the flu. 84 kids have died so far, which given the number infected isnt' that bad either. We've had it all week, and it's the mildest flu I can remember having.

I saved some tits!

breast cancer marathon run

(btw, I suck at running)

Congrats. I had no idea you were running a marathon.

My wife and I rode 100km in the rolling hills of Shenandoah VA. Hell yeah. That was fucking hard but totally worth it!

Congrats. I've done a couple of metric centuries and they are hard as hell. Never did a full century. I can only imagine how difficult it is.

it's not that bad. If you're not a kid, why are you worried about it? It's just the flu. 84 kids have died so far, which given the number infected isnt' that bad either. We've had it all week, and it's the mildest flu I can remember having.

Count your blessings. For one of my friends, it's a normal but kinda bad flu. The other is one seriously hurting puppy.

Strange night.

Went to a funeral visitation for one of wife's uncles. One of his sisters died in the parking lot before she got into the funeral home. They pulled a hearse around, loaded her up and drove to the back of the home. Apparently she has prepaid funeral arrangements with the same home. What were the odds of that happening?

Two surviving siblings ... my mother-in-law and one of her brothers. As you might imagine they were both pretty stunned.