What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently sitting in the ER waiting to get stitches in my left index finger. I attacked it earlier today with a hack saw. :palm:

Unfortunately I'm still sitting here.

Dude, that sucks. :( I hope you'll be out of there soon, if you haven't already.

As for what I did today, we went out to pick apples and we had ~40 pounds of apples in less than 40 minutes. Got home and, as Stretch has mentioned already, watched Boston teams lose their respective games. :(

Best wishes Nate on a flawless recovery. Its impressive how you are also moderating head-fi still while sitting in the ER with a partially severed finger.

What else was I supposed to do? I was just sitting there for about an hour and a half before anything happened. Finally home now, 7 stitches and a tetanus shot later.

Currently sitting in the ER waiting to get stitches in my left index finger. I attacked it earlier today with a hack saw. :palm:

Pretty minor annoyance really, should be hard to tell that anything happened in a couple days when I can stop wearing the splint on the finger. Mostly I feel like a dumbass.

At least it wasn't a table or band saw. Here's hoping you recover quickly.

In high school I managed to cut my thumb with a table saw. I also managed to get just the meaty part, so no long term damage. It was a nasty cut tho, because table saws aren't dainty...

I spent my day at kids' sporting events. Thomas's travel hockey team played at 10, and won 8-0, then my daughter's rec league soccer team won 3-0, then this evening, Thomas's junior high team got slaughtered 8-0 (half his team had played 2 games today, and they only have 3 subs total)

Grouse camp continues to provide it's own set of surprises and thrills.

I can be color blind in certain situations, such as red on a dark background. This worked against me as I can't see the red (read empty) on the propane tanks. The furnace stopped working at 5:00 a.m. (28 degrees) yesterday morning and I figured out I had two empty 30lb propane tanks. Didn't see the red so was not aware I needed to refill the tanks.

This is a new location for me this year. Spent the day yesterday looking for appropriate habitat. Found 1000s of acres of jack pine which is great for the Kirtland Warbler, a protected species. Can find little evidence of the aspen bonasa umbellus prefers, but will keep searching. Spent time pouring over maps last night trying to determine logical locations to check out. Historically I'm not very good at this but we'll give it shot.

I have seen white tailed deer and serveral wild turkey flocks. Fall colors are stunning. Have the campground almost to myself which I prefer.

Life is good :D