What did you do today?

riceboy

From someone in the field, you have to be good at the seminars. At conferences etc, you simply cannot under-estimate the value of coming across well in spoken presentations ;)

Practice, practice, practice.....

I just like to be self deprecating but you're spot on about the practice part =]

It's funny, I'm always quite calm and collect when it is to a general crowd of mathematicians. But when it is 10 people in a small room, all in my field, then I get very... unsettled hehe.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated to Amarra 1.1 and hung out on HC for awhile. Hung out in real world with son, and rode bikes to a taqueria for lunch. Getting there is all downhill toward the beach, but getting back was less fun while riding my wife's girl 15 speed which is too small for me, with a super burrito in my already outsized belly. Thought I might lose the super burrito at one point but powered through. Man, am I out of shape.

This afternoon will be a BBQ at friends nearby, taking son to trick-or-treat with school friends in Marin while daughter goes to a bonfire on the beach and then trick or treating without us for the first time. Bonfire is with the same family hosting the BBQ so not to worry. Transitional year and the first time I will not go trick or treating in SF in 14 years.

And now i really want rum punch after reading Dreadhead's post.

Today (technically) stayed up late/early to go next door to the neighbors for the worldwide premier launch party of the "Bushy Report" on Marin Cable, channel 26. So now Joanne and I are unwitting media celebrities, or would be if anyone, other than those involved in the production were watching!

Earlier in the week, helped set up email, blog (Bushy Report) and YouTube Chanel (YouTube - BushyReport's Channel) for the above, which now hosts the initial episode, in parts, since it has aired.

We even get some repeats this afternoon and tomorrow, to prove that this wasn't all a Halloween nightmare.

Woke up at a ridiculous hour to run 12, only did 9. Message later in the day to recover from my crappy run. Now, Gator football. Next dinner and then drink beer and hand candy out.

Nice rides, Chris and Al. I'm trying to convince Gail that we need to start riding so we can do a triathlon together.

set up my table with the zyx bloom. Discovered I need an RCM.

you don't want to but a RCM>:D If you decide to sell lmk, it could come full circle

Hiked 3 miles after a layoff of a few weeks damn I never let that happen again I am sore a fuck.

Time to shower and go for a beer

Took a road trip with the pup. Sandwhich Notch Road was made in 1801, and is only open after mud season until it gets snowed in. It's a cool single lane gravel road with blind corners, dips, holes and bumps. Not real wheeling by any means, but fun none the less.

SNC00006.jpg

SNC00008.jpg

SNC00009.jpg

SNC00012.jpg

SNC00013.jpg

SNC00015.jpg

SNC00016.jpg

1. Slept in, glorious.

2. Had some friends and family over for lunch, dad delivered the bookcase that he and I built together for Lily.

3. Mowed the lawn for hopefully the last time. More a leaf-collection operation than actual mowing.

4. Fell in love with wipe-on poly wood finish.