What did you do today?

riceboy

Sorry to hear that.

The girl in the cubicle next to me cut her finger with a bread knife a few weeks ago.

Its been looked at, but she is having trouble getting full movement out of it reportedly. It wasn't even supposed to be that bad of a cut.

Scary stuff.

The first time was much worse than this one, thankfully my glove deflected part of the force this time so I didn't go that deep. It'll still be a nice scar. Sounds like your office mate hit a tendon, which can be really bad if not diagnosed properly. Hopefully she gets some good news or better advise before she lands on an operating table with months of rehab to look forward to.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Miami today. Drove across from Tampa in the Atom yesterday, and will be heading back across again tomorrow. The drive wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be but still fun. Long distance driving in a straight line at 80 mph isn't really what the Atom is all about, although I did bump it up once or twice. Hit 127 at one point in alligator alley. Vicki and Mike, I should have called, I know. Really wasn't much time on this trip but next time for sure.

Marathons suck. :)

Well done buddy. I've done 11 of the buggers, plus a couple of 40-milers. Doesn't matter how much you train, if you get the pace *right* you feel wasted from mile 20 onwards in a marathon. A real mental battle. From 13 upwards I count upwards to 20 "7 to go to 20 - 6 to go, 5 to go". When I get to 20 I count down. "6 to go to the finish, 5 to go - I know I can run 5 miles, 4 to go - no problem, I run 4 without breaking a sweat" and so on.

On a 40 miler and over, you adjust the pace. I remember getting into the 26 mile checkpoint on the last 40 trail race (The Compton 40, including 20 mile fun run) and thinking "Hokay - a marathon down, and a half marathon to go. What's the fuss?"

At the moment, recovering from achilles problems, so a stone overweight. Over weight and under fit. 6 miles and I'm toast just now.