What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mowed about half the yard before the transmission on my lawn tractor died. Hope my next door neighbor (neighborhood mechanical guru) can determine what's wrong tomorrow ... and hoping for a cheap and easy fix. At least I got the worst of the leaves mulched :)

Hahahaha, this is very encouraging fellas ;D I'll give these damn things a few days, weeks eventually, and if I can't get used to them, I'll go the old two different sets route. This thing of the very narrow focus area which makes you move the whole head to read wide text lines, is beyond annoying. And these are supposed to be very good offering among the widest focus areas available :palm:

I could never get used to having to move my head to look in a particular direction. Fortunately my eyes are not bad so I can get away without glasses for distance. Reading is a problem but I can either use reading glasses, stretch my arms or wear contacts (one for reading and one for distance).

Guess we're all different. Beginning with my first pair of progressive lens I adapted to them right off and have never looked back. Perhaps I move my head and don't realize it, but it's more a matter of moving your eyes until you find the right plane to look out, then locking in with "binocular" vision. Sounds more difficult than it is, but when your eyes choose the right plane of focus you maintain it. Clear to see that I love mine :D

I had anawesome vreakfast: fresh cheese, fresh eggs, "cafe con leche" (coffee with milk), and fresh ground-corn tortillas, while I saw the sun rise from my uncle's humble farm in a mountainous region in Nicaragua.

The ISP is up and running on their home now, so now I can talk to them when I get back home. Already Skyped with my family back in the States.

This.

Is.

Awesome.

I got my left eye operated when I was 6. I've been wearing glasses since I was about 3 or the like, more than I can remember. I'm 46 now, and I should be thankful for not developing presbyopia earlier (for a longsighted I'm about 6-10 years late). I've always had pretty good vision using glasses (I'm also astigmatic), and those glasses allowed me to have a very wide vision field. I could read just by moving my eyes. I could even drive looking at the sides back mirrors without moving my head. So heaving to move the head just to follow 40-50 cms text lines in the PC screen is a big no-no. I've got very quickly the far-near thing on the top-bottom sides of the lenses, but the width of field focus is extremely annoying.

I suppose I can get used to this, but it's kinda trade off. I probably prefer having to use two different glasses and still enjoying my normal wide vision field than having all-in-one, but being "boxed" into a extremely narrow (for me and my usual field of view) one. I'm rather good assuming things that have no alternative, but this one, which can be probably improved just by using 2 different eyeglasses... Anyway, just a bit of ranting ;D Thanks for being there.

I recently got 2 pairs of progressive lenses,I only needed glasses for reading but lately I need them for distance ,especially for driving at night.I wll be 59 in two months & started needing reading glasses in my late 40s.

Tough to get used to them for reading ,I ended up buying a third pair just for reading.

That's what I believed, but for your comment I thought it might be different. Here there are some special sweets for this time depending on the area. They make "huesos de santo" (saint bones) and "panellets" (small cookie-like sweets made of almond flour) for this defuncts day. Tomorrow most Christian believers will go to the cemetery to pay respect to their dead beloved ones. Here there was no tradition of dressing customs, nor going over the neighborhood houses doors asking the trick or treat thing, but kids by seeing it in the movies and TV series, have been doing that for the last 5-10 years. Now they even sell plastic pumpkins at the department stores :palm:

yesterday Thomas and I drove to the Delaware coast for a hockey game 15 miles from the Dogfish Head brewery. They won, we went out for pizza, then drove home. I left the house at 11am and returned at 10pm (and didn't even manage to stop at dogfish, despite the proximity). I then watched the first 2 periods of the caps/flames game.

Today, I went to my church's day of the dead ceremony, and am spending the rest of the day watching my daughter play soccer. They won the first game 4-0. Next game is in 30 minutes.

we eat the heads and hearts of our enemies. at least here in the Midwest. seriously though, we don't have any such traditions for Halloween. the religious right would probably consider such a thing to be the work of the Devil.

There is Reformation Sunday, but I'm not sure how far right that falls on your scale Reks :)