What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the big win tonight, Al. Mighty impressive!

Although... that 8th innings reminded me of some Little Leagues games that I watched my nephews play this summer. The audio feed out of the Giants dugout was a little muted, but did I actually hear Bruce Bochy telling his players not to swing?

Nice. So what do you do when no planes are coming in?

We have cable TV and Internet connection in the Tower so the time goes by fast. I'm getting one of those multimedia external HD so I can watch some movies and stuff over there! We also cut the working periods in about 2/3's so I worked 4 hours today instead of 6!

Congrats on the big win tonight, Al. Mighty impressive!

Although... that 8th innings reminded me of some Little Leagues games that I watched my nephews play this summer. The audio feed out of the Giants dugout was a little muted, but did I actually hear Bruce Bochy telling his players not to swing?

I hope he did tell them wait until the pitcher threw a strike during the Walkathon. Posey got a single with 2 outs and then Holland threw 11 straight balls, got a pity called strike, then threw another ball to walk in a run. The next new pitcher came in and walked Uribe to force in another run. It was demoralizing to the Rangers and this is war! Also, there was another single, a double and a triple after that in the same 7-run inning. It was glorious for us because the Giants win an inordinate amount of games by 1 run. Cushion felt good for a change.

EDIT: I forgot the best part. Some guy had a sign outside the park after the game with Chuck Norris and the words "Walk 'Em Texas Rangers." Pretty fast work. :P

:)

Nice pics Al!

I was kicking myself for not bringing a real camera of some sort. Too much going on, and I was lucky that the trial day was short and on some level amazed that could swing it. I ran into an attorney from my old firm in the beer line before the game and he was aghast when I told him I had just started a trial the same day and was at the ball game. I didn't tell him that there was no court today because it was more fun to let him think I am more crazy than I am.

Have fun in D.C., Biscuit Brent!

Edited by Voltron

Couple of days ago, we went through a training on using the new automated/web-based Payroll and Human Resources system as we're transitioning to it in couple of weeks. The system talks about how one can access any payroll and HR information as long as you have a computer with an internet connection. I just tried to log-in to my account only for it to tell me that I can do that unless I'm using Internet Explorer. I love these Internet Explorer-only web-based things.

I hope he did tell them wait until the pitcher threw a strike during the Walkathon. Posey got a single with 2 outs and then Holland threw 11 straight balls, got a pity called strike, then threw another ball to walk in a run. The next new pitcher came in and walked Uribe to force in another run. It was demoralizing to the Rangers and this is war! Also, there was another single, a double and a triple after that in the same 7-run inning. It was glorious for us because the Giants win an inordinate amount of games by 1 run. Cushion felt good for a change.

EDIT: I forgot the best part. Some guy had a sign outside the park after the game with Chuck Norris and the words "Walk 'Em Texas Rangers." Pretty fast work. :P

I was kicking myself for not bringing a real camera of some sort. Too much going on, and I was lucky that the trial day was short and on some level amazed that could swing it. I ran into an attorney from my old firm in the beer line before the game and he was aghast when I told him I had just started a trial the same day and was at the ball game. I didn't tell him that there was no court today because it was more fun to let him think I am more crazy than I am.

Have fun in D.C., Biscuit Brent!

World Series Game 1: Rangers vs. Giants | MLB.com: World Series

wheres mike?

That's not cool.

Do they provide you a computer to use for this? If not, I think you could make a case that they'd need to.

Oh, I can do it at work in my office as I use a Windows machine at work. I just think it's amusing that during the whole training, they were talking about how convenient all of this will be for the employee to have access to timesheet/payroll/tax/vacation/HR/etc. info practically anywhere.

Seems like a lot of the things where I work only work with IE. IT dept. has their heads up Redmond's ass so far... inextractable.

This made me laugh:

Executive: Microsoft a dying consumer brand | Chicago Breaking Business

Indeed

Microsoft vision chief sees world without Microsoft PCs ? The Register

seems like a case of The Innovator's Dilemma

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/ps/y2010/gigapan/index.jsp?gpId=c30ba58462b63fc690880b7f513d9fb4

I don't know where Mike is, but at Game 2 I am on the 3rd base side under the overhang in the first level. We are sitting almost directly under the cameraman hanging off the first deck to the left of the Coors Light sign. It is also where the first row of bunting ends. My dad is on an aisle in a white Giants hoodie and I am to the left of him (his right). Very cool pic.

Edited by Voltron

This is what I am doing tomorrow:

12:00pm - 12:45pm CRAZY FINGERS

2:00pm - 2:45pm LEE BOYS

3:30pm - 4:30pm IVAN NEVILLE'S DUMPSTAPHUNK

5:30pm - 6:45pm DIRTY DOZEN BRASS BAND

7:15pm - 8:30pm KARL DENSON'S TINY UNIVERSE

9:00pm - 10:30pm JJ GREY & MOFRO

11:00pm - 12:00am ALL-STAR JAM