HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try thinking about it from a different perspective.

You buy a new premium top of the line Car/Table/Speakers/etc... touted as having impeccable craftsmanship and being the best in the manufacturers line.

You know what, Sony claimed the same thing about the Qualia 010 which sold at $2.6K when it came out. And the Qualia's frame is made of mere easily-breakable plastic and comes with only a one-size headband! I mean what is this tomfoolery?! "No-compromise design" my ass! A flagship headphone should have no design or manufacturing flaws, certainly not one so expensive and one that claims it's state of the art! What is this nonsense? :rolleyes:

Deal with it. :basement:

You know what, Sony claimed the same thing about the Qualia 010 which sold at $2.6K when it came out. And the Qualia's frame is made of mere easily-breakable plastic and comes with only a one-size headband! I mean what is this tomfoolery?! "No-compromise design" my ass! A flagship headphone should have no design or manufacturing flaws, certainly not one so expensive and one that claims it's state of the art! What is this nonsense? :rolleyes:

Deal with it. :basement:

I don't get it what was wrong with the qualia? The qualia is one of the best built headphones I've ever seen, the carbon fiber headband is beautiful and so is the plastic frame.

I don't get it what was wrong with the qualia? The qualia is one of the best built headphones I've ever seen, the carbon fiber headband is beautiful and so is the plastic frame.

The headbands break, and there are 6 people on the planet that can wear the large frame, and 200 or so that can wear the medium.

The headband snaps easily, not sure if it's a materials issue or a design flaw but they are extremely fragile.

So I got my replacement pair from HeadRoom last night and have no problem with it whatsoever. Stayed up waaayy too late just listening with a pico and my laptop while in bed. These are definitely keepers. I'm going to try it out in my home rig later on tonight, or if I fall asleep soon (very tempting), tomorrow.

Edited by boomana