Did you get anything from your boss/employer for X-mas

Blackmore

since i am the Boss I donated my tips from the Tuesday before Christmas to Easter Seals school for Autistic Children in Chicago. I told a few customers on our myspace (which raised the tip jar) then afterwards i matched the total by half of my own money.

all in all the total was $457.09 donated.

made the donation by my moms credit card so if she wants to have the tax write later on then that's her gift..

probably will do another "tips for Charity Tuesday night" in a few months, my goal for 2009 is to raise at least $1000 for charities from myself and my Bar Business. i probably won't match the total with my money again though, costs to damn much..hahahaha

Thanks for your replays guys...

The reason why I was asking is not about the gifts only. Thing is, I get the feeling that these days are quite "modern" and the real X-mas feeling is not there on the level it could be...Yes, I know, its not complain of my, actually I was amazed how they organised this year...Instead of just huge, non personal, to loud and to expensive one, they choose for something smaller, warmer/cosy with someone telling X-mas story and as last, but not least the chorus/acapella. Silly, you may think, but on the other hand the whole meaning is about thinking of others, who need you, but also be happy with simple things or just with things you have, however its a bit naive after all...Or, at least, create an idea of been a part of firm, like family, and not just an firm initials, is a very nice gesture, dont you think?

I am 10 years with the firm and right now we are having the most hard time of all, cos of reorganization, people leaving, newcomers who doesnt care about anything but himself etc...

Just an simple example. I was working on the day before X-mas, 24-12, while everyone from our department left the building couple hours earlier. So, sitting there I thought, what the hell, I will write the mail, firm wide, and simply wish every person a very nice holidays, so I did... After the brake, today, open up my mail box and what I see, just 5 replays, so , I thought WTF... so, just sometimes, its good to be naive to figure out who are you working with, simply FIRM INITIALS...

Do hope that I didnt sound to depressive, am I:palm: