Apple Tablet

Well, I went back today and fondled the ipad again, almost buying it, but walked away empty handed. Almost a miracle for me. I just can't swing the 32gb price right now, and if I bought the 16, I'd probably regret it in a couple months, if not sooner. It's between fun money for Chicago or an ipad....so..... :( I really really want one.

If all works out as planned, I should have three more private practice patients by mid-June, so it will be a no-brainer then. Too bad addicts are unreliable, and I can't count on it until it happens. If I could, I would be typing on my ipad right now.

Did you get the case, and did it work out? (fits well, holes match correctly, etc. )
Yeah, in fact ordered another for second iPad. I posted a few comments after the original, but although not as tight at the Belkin (which is really, really tight), it's not loose and the openings are accurate and in fact a bit larger than the Belkins tiny headphone and dock openings. There are times I wish I had the incline of the Apple case, but I can't imagine going back to using the iPad without the added grip of the TPU. Like I said - big fan and the price is right.

Congrats, boomana! I suspect you will find that this thing will quickly find a way to assimilate into your life! I already use mine pretty much every day, several times a day, and in more ways than I thought I would!

Mind if I ask what you do for a living? Are you a healthcare provider?

The fastest way to get one is to do the in-store reservation / pickup thingy. Took 2 days for me upon signing up.
May depend on where. Was told there's about the same wait as online - 2 weeks - in a San Francisco store.

And welcome to the fold Vicki.

May depend on where. Was told there's about the same wait as online - 2 weeks - in a San Francisco store

Perhaps. However, since you can cancel the online order with a click of the button and don't even have to pick up the device once your in-store reservation e-mail comes, I'd just do both.

Damn. Best Buy only has the 64gb available in 3g and wi-fi now. The Apple Store has none available in 3g with a week to two week wait. I guess I shouldn't have hesitated two days ago when I had a 32gb in my hands. I know they had a few then, but since I, of course, wasn't getting one, I didn't really think about it.

I wished again that I could have bought one the other night but the damn flagship store in NYC didn't even have any. The case I bought last week is waiting for me in my office but I don't own the iPad to go in it yet. :palm:

heh, the first time I read that I thought it said that the "case I got last week is waiting.... and I don't have the iPad yet" as in you need the iPad to start a a legal case :)

Well, I probably blew it. I went out to dinner with a friend, then went to the Apple Store because the guy on the phone said it would take seven days to get one if I ordered from the store, but once there, I was told folks have already been on the waiting list for two weeks. So, screw that. I'll either pick up the 64gb tomorrow or get one next week (Best Buy said they were getting a shipment on either Tues. or Thurs.) if it's no longer there.

On the good front, my friend bought his first ipod, and I sold him my Kindle.