Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the kind words. :cool:

@Voltron: Yeah, maybe because Peter had taken all the good shots at CJ.

@Ausburger: It is the Robie House, and we got to see inside as well, so more of FLW details.

@agile_one: We had a fun time playing tourists. Lou Mitchell's - great breakfasts indeed. Mind you, the lemon ricotta blueberry pancakes

with pecan butter at the Bongo Room, South Loop weren't too shabby, either :) (Chicago Foodies: Bongo Room)

Just saw the ladies enjoying themselves on the bronze bull, and then later in the week everyone suddenly seemed to become a redhawks fan (and proud of it) for some reason that escapes me :)

Bought some Puma Cola based on Vickies CJ post.

As did I :)

Their root beer is supposedly better than their cola, so I got a twelve pack: 4 root beer, 4 cola, 2 ginger ale, and 2 cream soda. The shipping ended up more than the soda, but it came out to be $2.50 per bottle, which isn't bad since I don't drink soda much at all. I just ordered from the company:

https://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php

The only two places in Florida that sell it are the Mellow Mushroom in Tampa, and the Cock and Bull Pub in Sarasota, where we've had one of the best post-meet (or was it pre-met) parties I can recall.

Actually, it was a clean sweep of the custom IEMs by HC'ers. I won the ES5s just before Colin won the JH-16s. Now Shelly and I will be twins. ;)

Awesome! I listed to the Westone ES5s today and they were very good.

i also like them

I had a demo of the ES5 last week, and it looks like I'll be getting a pair too. The soundstage was better with more out of the head soundstage but still good imaging rather than being diffuse or anything; and I thought they sounded very well balanced in their frequency response. I also read a review of them today: Westone Elite Series ES5 Custom In-Ear Monitors

As did I :)

Their root beer is supposedly better than their cola, so I got a twelve pack: 4 root beer, 4 cola, 2 ginger ale, and 2 cream soda. The shipping ended up more than the soda, but it came out to be $2.50 per bottle, which isn't bad since I don't drink soda much at all. I just ordered from the company:

https://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php

The only two places in Florida that sell it are the Mellow Mushroom in Tampa, and the Cock and Bull Pub in Sarasota, where we've had one of the best post-meet (or was it pre-met) parties I can recall.

Big fan of Sprecher. My wife grew up in the Milwaukee area, so she tipped me off. Very nice root beer, esp on tap, which some places around here have. They have some pretty nice beers, too, but not as good as the other beers you all sampled here.