Audeze LCD-2

swt61

The Headfi LCD2 thread is scary as hell. And warriorant appears to be it's ringleader.

And let's not forget that he started a "LCD2 Best Music" thread that's also growing like a cancerous wart...

I did like his <<expletive deleted>> LCD2 review tho.

Was prolly just a cut & paste from the monster thread over there.

I'm not gonna read through that quagmire to find out.

Since it relates to 3 of the last 5 posts, I thought I might break my silence and point out that nwavguy was banned from HF today (http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html#comments) for speaking up about an obvious design defect in one of schiit's amps and then exchanging PM's with kwkarth about it... That guy really is an asshole.

As this is my first post, I'll just go ahead and climb in the barrel now to prepare myself for the usual buggering from the head-case welcome committee.

• Like 1

And let's not forget that he started a "LCD2 Best Music" thread that's also growing like a cancerous wart...

I did like his <<expletive deleted>> LCD2 review tho.

Was prolly just a cut & paste from the monster thread over there.

I'm not gonna read through that quagmire to find out.

Yeah, I was trying to figure that thread out. I guess you are supposed to only listen to stuff that sounds good on whatever you are listening on/with? Seriously fucked up IMHO.

QUOTE: "Since it relates to 3 of the last 5 posts, I thought I might break my silence and point out that nwavguy was banned from HF today (http://nwavguy.blogs...i.html#comments) for speaking up about an obvious design defect in one of schiit's amps and then exchanging PM's with kwkarth about it...

That guy really is an asshole."

Well there you go! The drama never ends.

I saw that post this morning, made for an interesting eleven page read.

Wavy-gravy was speaking the truth about a vendor/sponsor's product at HF.

They will crucify yo ass for that.

And then getting up in the face of an admin who thinks he knows it all as well?

What do ya think is gonna happen? Of course the useless sack of protoplasm is gonna win.

Jude saw to that. At least the OP wasnt chastised, he wasnt combative like the wavy guy was.

It was interesting how Schiit handled the whole thing.

In the end, they did the right thing and implemented a design change.

It's retroactive too, but overseas customers aint too happy about

having to ship their schiit back through customs to the Republik of Kaly4nya.

Edited by livewire

That's audiophiles for you...instead of buying equipment to further enjoy your current music...you buy music to match your expensive equpment. Who cares if its crap that nobody else in the world will listen to *cough* Chesky's Binaural Explorations of Space and Time *cough* *cough*

Since it relates to 3 of the last 5 posts, I thought I might break my silence and point out that nwavguy was banned from HF today (http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html#comments) for speaking up about an obvious design defect in one of schiit's amps and then exchanging PM's with kwkarth about it... That guy really is an asshole.

As this is my first post, I'll just go ahead and climb in the barrel now to prepare myself for the usual buggering from the head-case welcome committee.

Nope, he was banned for threatening to sue head-fi.

Has anyone who hears the "resonance" in the LCD-2 tried taking the grill off? I was just pm'ing with someone and he was convinced that's what was causing it. It seems unlikely to me, given they already revised the grill due to resonance issues and since it would be a pretty dumn mistake if it was true.

As for NwAwzNwAguy I'm inclined to take Shit's side simply because NwAwAnANWawguy was hostile from the very beginning and it seems like he has a pretty strong bias or grudge of some sort.

Edited by rhythmdevils

Which guy?

I was referring to kwkarth as the asshole (based on both this situation and his previously referenced strangle hold on the various HF LCD2 threads). I have really enjoyed reading nwavguy's posts and blog, by contrast. In my view, he is providing a much needed counterbalance to the nonsense spouted by 6moons and the like. Although admittedly, if I made audio gear for a living, I can't say I would be super eager to have him review it...

Nope, he was banned for threatening to sue head-fi.

I read the same elsewhere, but he expressly disputes this in his blog comments. (See the entry time stamped 7:29 p.m.)

You're not him pretending to be his sympathizer are you, hopeful?

Anyway, he is an asshole in general so karma is a bitch I guess. I don't even care if he speaks gospels of truth but so long he carries himself in such a douchey manner, he won't be missed.

• Like 1

He may dispute it on his blog, but there are few things that piss jude off more than threatening to get lawyers involved, and so once he did that, it basically gave jude no choice but to ban him. We tried to explain to New Wave Guy when he tried to participate here, his communication style will lose him more battles than his measurements may win him.

I was referring to kwkarth as the asshole (based on both this situation and his previously referenced strangle hold on the various HF LCD2 threads). I have really enjoyed reading nwavguy's posts and blog, by contrast. In my view, he is providing a much needed counterbalance to the nonsense spouted by 6moons and the like. Although admittedly, if I made audio gear for a living, I can't say I would be super eager to have him review it...I read the same elsewhere, but he expressly disputes this in his blog comments. (See the entry time stamped 7:29 p.m.)

Ah, thanks for clarifying! I thought so, but it easily could have been Jude or nwavguy himself, haha! :)

Well, you seem to have a nice, moderate point of view on the whole thing. Nice to have that to balance things in the midst of such a heated discussion. Well, if you're going to be hanging around here, it would be nice to know you a bit.

What gear are you using? You seem to know a little bit about this stuff, based on being able to read reviews pretty objectively.

We tried to explain to New Wave Guy when he tried to participate here, his communication style will lose him more battles than his measurements may win him.

I always wondered why he called himself New Wave Guy!

Edited by jvlgato

You're not him pretending to be his sympathizer are you, hopeful?

I'm a sympathizer but definitely not an alter ego. No doubt Grawk's criticism is valid as far as nwavguy's communication style, but I still generally found his posts engaging and his measurements valuable. That said, measurements, while interesting, are unlikely to change my preferences. For example, I continue to really enjoy the sound of well implemented tube amps, and their even-order harmonic distortion, even if nwavguy deems them archaic and inherently flawed.

Ah, thanks for clarifying! I thought so, but it easily could have been Jude or nwavguy himself, haha! :) Well, you seem to have a nice, moderate point of view on the whole thing. Nice to have that to balance things in the midst of such a heated discussion. Well, if you're going to be hanging around here, it would be nice to know you a bit. What gear are you using? You seem to know a little bit about this stuff, based on being able to read reviews pretty objectively....

Thanks jvlgato - kind of you to say! I just updated my profile, but in short, I'm doing most of my listening these days on a pair of hd800's via a bottlehead crack (modded a bit thanks to some gracious hand-holding from Beefy over in the HF thread). Perhaps I should call it a "beefy crack"? In any event, this was my first real intro into the internals of audio circuits, but I aspire to continue to learn.

I read the same elsewhere, but he expressly disputes this in his blog comments. (See the entry time stamped 7:29 p.m.)

So what, man? You really think he would actually admit to it? It wouldn't be the first time he put false information on his blog about why he got banned on an audio forum, and it probably wont be the last.

Thanks jvlgato - kind of you to say! I just updated my profile, but in short, I'm doing most of my listening these days on a pair of hd800's via a bottlehead crack (modded a bit thanks to some gracious hand-holding from Beefy over in the HF thread). Perhaps I should call it a "beefy crack"? In any event, this was my first real intro into the internals of audio circuits, but I aspire to continue to learn.

Great, just what we need, another frickin lawyer.

:D