What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Saw the live debut of this on Saturday.

Billy had Shawn Colvin, Lisa Fisher and Becca Stevens singing (Fisher is awesome BTW), Ambrose Akinmusire on horn and the Quartet San Francisco providing the strings.

Save the Country brought me to tears and I coulda died happy after that performance!

oops Forgot to say Steve Wilson on saxes and Brian Blades on drums.

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 1

I Am Kloot - Sky at  night

Sky+At+Night.jpg

(a really good artist to look in to for great studio production, sound qualities) (I am only the messenger).

All of their records are recorded clean, quietly and so meticulously recorded ...

Aside from being great song writers .. their production skills are remarkable.

And it's really sort of fucking funny considering the whole "guardians of the galaxy" bit with, "I am groot!" .. .. but I assure you, there is no relation to that shit.

;-)

Edited by s1rrah
  • Like 1

I'd been meaning to listen to this all week, and it's been good while I'm trying to wrap some stuff up.  I like it a lot.  I'm not sure anything grabs me like "What If We Could?" from TGWTDT soundtrack, but it's very, very good.  And having read the book, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all fits together.