September 23, 201412 yr comment_653552 Billy Childs - Map to the Treasure: Reimagining Laura Nyro Report
September 23, 201412 yr comment_653555 Saw the live debut of this on Saturday. Billy had Shawn Colvin, Lisa Fisher and Becca Stevens singing (Fisher is awesome BTW), Ambrose Akinmusire on horn and the Quartet San Francisco providing the strings. Save the Country brought me to tears and I coulda died happy after that performance! oops Forgot to say Steve Wilson on saxes and Brian Blades on drums. Edited September 23, 201412 yr by ironbut Report
September 23, 201412 yr comment_653559 Very cool.....I love Save The Country as well, one of the best on the album. Some nice interpretations here for sure..... Report
September 26, 201412 yr comment_653982 Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, 'Gone Girl' http://www.npr.org/2014/09/25/350948108/first-listen-trent-reznor-atticus-ross-gone-girl-motion-picture-soundtrack Edited September 26, 201412 yr by shellylh Report
September 26, 201412 yr comment_654019 I love that album. It is still my favourite of their ouevre. I am listening to Syro. Finally. It doesn't suck. Report
September 26, 201412 yr comment_654074 atheist - unquestionable presence i cant think of any albums similar to this at all. Report
September 27, 201412 yr comment_654191 I Am Kloot - Sky at night .. ... (a really good artist to look in to for great studio production, sound qualities) (I am only the messenger). All of their records are recorded clean, quietly and so meticulously recorded ... Aside from being great song writers .. their production skills are remarkable. And it's really sort of fucking funny considering the whole "guardians of the galaxy" bit with, "I am groot!" .. .. but I assure you, there is no relation to that shit. ... ;-) Edited September 27, 201412 yr by s1rrah Report
September 27, 201412 yr comment_654202 Very much like, they occupy that (waves hands vaguely) organic acoustic indie/alternative space somewhere around Devics with a male vocalist...? I'm grasping I know, there's someone else they remind me of more, but I'm not putting my finger on it...anyway, they're still their own thing, very much like. Report
September 28, 201411 yr comment_654364 (squints) I'll have to look that up, I have no idea what something with "John Zorn" and "love songs" in the same breath would sound like. Report
September 28, 201411 yr comment_654385 A few records on my small rig that I have setup in the living room. Report
September 28, 201411 yr comment_654412 Myrkur I heard someone describe this as, "if Enya did black metal", so was immediately intrigued. It's kind of metalgaze, though not as gazery as Shape of Despair, and gets a bit blastery so I am definitely enjoying it. Report
September 30, 201411 yr comment_654617 Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, 'Gone Girl' http://www.npr.org/2014/09/25/350948108/first-listen-trent-reznor-atticus-ross-gone-girl-motion-picture-soundtrack I'd been meaning to listen to this all week, and it's been good while I'm trying to wrap some stuff up. I like it a lot. I'm not sure anything grabs me like "What If We Could?" from TGWTDT soundtrack, but it's very, very good. And having read the book, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all fits together. Report
September 30, 201411 yr comment_654633 All India Radio - The Rare Earth (OST) As usual available for stream listening at Bandcamp Report
September 30, 201411 yr comment_654649 A playlist on Spotify featuring 4 years of the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo Report
October 1, 201411 yr comment_654701 An excellent match with my Camus Cognac while doing some late night research to prepare for tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! Report
October 1, 201411 yr comment_654732 kenny dorham | 'round about midnight at the cafe dorham | 2x45 Report
October 1, 201411 yr comment_654747 Caspian's live at Audiotree session from 2012 -- post-rock Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.