October 2, 201510 yr comment_705263 Just finished three cd set - MorriconeLollers -- if that's as "all over the place" as the set of compilations I streamed on Spotify once, there's some weird shit buried in there. Report
October 3, 201510 yr comment_705266 Airplaying Mikey's suggestion to the big screenIt's almost like being there, apart from the on-demand ice cream and Diet Coke.On some long shots you can see the "no audio or video devices allowed" signs,Which is somewhat ironic given the quality of the streaming.Will keep an eye out for DOTU in the crowd shots. Report
October 3, 201510 yr comment_705272 Loving streaming from the Arrow stages last act "Big Star's Third".Really dig the planned chaos of these "all star" bands. Thanks Mikey!!!!! Edited October 3, 201510 yr by ironbut Report
October 3, 201510 yr comment_705300 Marc, you and other classical music fans should check out the new Marcel Dupre Mercury Living Presence releases.Some folks think it could be the best organ recordings from the golden age.The remastering was to get better fidelity rather than changing the sound of the original masters. The production was supervised by Tom Fine (son of Wilma and Robert).http://www.importcds.com/marcel-dupre-remastered-edition/028947883883 Edited October 3, 201510 yr by ironbut Report
October 3, 201510 yr comment_705301 I assume these are different and/or not overlapping with the other big Mercury box sets? Report
October 3, 201510 yr comment_705319 These were just released Sept. 18th and immediately sold out at most of the big sellers like Amazon.I believe the only overlap might be with the CD 10: Marcel Dupré - Saint-Saëns Organ Symphony since it features the Detroit Sym w/Paray.Tom seems to think that cd turned out particularly well in the Dupre set. Report
October 4, 201510 yr comment_705421 More Live Streaming from Hardly Strictly.Beth Hart, right now http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/2015/webcast/sun-swantower.htmlNeko Case, later, and them there's the archive, if you missed things (this year, or last year) Report
October 5, 201510 yr comment_705452 Ric's recent post reminded me of this guy... haven't listened to him in ages.Justin Townes Earle - The Good Life Report
October 6, 201510 yr comment_705625 Discovered a super late typo, it's FKA Twigs (not FKW...)Saw them live at Lollapalooza - the absolute best electronic act that performed this year, easily. Edited October 6, 201510 yr by Aura Report
October 9, 201510 yr comment_705981 Karl Hyde, Edgeland -- doesn't sound anything like Underworld.Redshift, Life to Come -- spectacular, this might be their best yet.Antimatter, The Judas Table -- this is better than Fear of a Unique Identity, but now I'm listening to Timeline -- An Introduction to Antimatter, and the old stuff is still imminently listenable. I still think Judas Table will go into regular rotation with the others. Edited October 9, 201510 yr by Dusty Chalk Report
October 9, 201510 yr comment_706029 I fucking love this band.Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower Report
October 10, 201510 yr comment_706095 I fucking love this band.Windhand - Grief's Infernal FlowerThis is awesome. It balances that same delicate point between that slow, funereal, stoner metal without being emo about it, and Pitchfork indie hipster -ism. Haven't heard that since that Black Mountain album. Report
October 10, 201510 yr comment_706107 I didn't realize it was out. I loved Soma and had been waiting for this to drop. Report
October 11, 201510 yr comment_706206 NPR's First Listen has some winners this week. Son Little, in particular, is some tasty soul. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.