And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

i have finished up the best weekend i've had in a long time.  it was nothing all that special, though i had a fantastic dinner at local restaurant on friday, and had b-i-l and s-i-l over for dinner Saturday, and saw a Judy Fox exhibit today, which was just amazing, but really it was just a really good time with my wife.

That sounds like a wonderful time. Congrat!

Sorry, guy, 52 is way too young.

^^This

i have finished up the best weekend i've had in a long time.  it was nothing all that special, though i had a fantastic dinner at local restaurant on friday, and had b-i-l and s-i-l over for dinner Saturday, and saw a Judy Fox exhibit today, which was just amazing, but really it was just a really good time with my wife.

Just look at the menu, sounds fantastic. 

I did that with apple once - iPod I ordered never got to me. They passed on the case to FedEx. FedEx said they did their job. I got screwed over when apple decided it was my fault at the end when they fulfilled their contract by giving it to FedEx and FedEx did their job by getting it to my door. I filed a report with Bank of America and they refunded the entire $250 to me and then apple came after me with a collection agency. It was fucking annoying.

Wow, that really sucks. I ordered a gift for my wife from Red Envelope. Same deal ... empty opened box on my porch. I called Red Envelope and they sent another one immediately, gratis. I don't think they're obligated, though. Otherwise I could easily say something is stolen whenever I wanted, and get another one for free. But I'd bought a lot of stuff from Red Envelope without incident prior to that.

I'd think filing a police report for theft then trying to collect from insurance (either delivery service or home or credit card) is the more typical route.

If FedEx/UPS/USPS can't prove that you received the packagd (and leaving it in the wide fucking open doesn't seem like it'd stand up) I'd say you'd be in the clear.  You, the receiver, are not on the hook to determine if the package should require a signature, the sender is.  At least that's my Motel 6/Holiday Inn Express legal opinion.  That said, if you leave a note for the shipping Co. (as I usually do) to put stuff in the shed or wherever be prepped to be the one on the hook.

I poured hot water on the car to melt off some of the >1/8" coating of ice that had accumulated from the weekend's freezing rain, and was able to drive it to work.  Yeesh.

And, last night, the second of four eggs hatched in our cockatiel cage.  I'd like to say the babies are cute, but in reality, there are few things quite so ugly as baby parrots.

Yeezh, indeed.

And: pictures? I need to see if there's anything uglier than a human baby.

I did that with apple once - iPod I ordered never got to me. They passed on the case to FedEx. FedEx said they did their job. I got screwed over when apple decided it was my fault at the end when they fulfilled their contract by giving it to FedEx and FedEx did their job by getting it to my door. I filed a report with Bank of America and they refunded the entire $250 to me and then apple came after me with a collection agency. It was fucking annoying.

It is fucking annoying, I won't argue that. But you still have to do it. You just have to go to your happy place repeatedly and remind yourself that you are in the right on this. And approach them with the attitude of it's their problem, and they need to make it right. I agree with everything Nate says -- it's Amazon's problem for not delivering the goods, and it's the shipper's problem because Amazon hired them, not you. Until it's in your hands, it hasn't been delivered.

If FedEx/UPS/USPS can't prove that you received the packagd (and leaving it in the wide fucking open doesn't seem like it'd stand up) I'd say you'd be in the clear.  You, the receiver, are not on the hook to determine if the package should require a signature, the sender is.  At least that's my Motel 6/Holiday Inn Express legal opinion.  

Good thought.  And thanks for the lolz, Nate.

It is fucking annoying, I won't argue that. But you still have to do it. You just have to go to your happy place repeatedly and remind yourself that you are in the right on this. And approach them with the attitude of it's their problem, and they need to make it right. I agree with everything Nate says -- it's Amazon's problem for not delivering the goods, and it's the shipper's problem because Amazon hired them, not you. Until it's in your hands, it hasn't been delivered.

Yeah, I'll start by calling the freaks at UPS first to confirm the delivery.  Amazon, 2nd.

Otherwise, I hate my neighborhood.  I've been there just four years and have had an attempted break-in, an ex-sex offender squatting in a neighboring lot, and this.  I'll go on record with the West Coast Legal Team with this statement: I am going to move.  Why live with this sort of garbage around your home?  I've got a .44 upstairs but damned if I wasn't at work when this happened.  

"Drop the Amazon box, punk"
  > KPOW < 
"Thanks."

Yeezh, indeed.

And: pictures? I need to see if there's anything uglier than a human baby.

They look like this.

cockatiel-bird-hatchling-LG.jpg

Our birds are very protective of their offspring, and they aren't really letting us in to clean the cage right now, so imagine that one above in a dirty (ie. shitty) cage if you want to know what ours look like.  They're about a teaspoon in size when they first emerge.

Edited by acidbasement

Aaaah! Horrible!

Agree on the human babies. Have you ever seen one being delivered? Just awful. Not just ugly, but fluids of all sorts and excrement everywhere. Screaming hysterics of a woman in horrible pain ...

Yeah, I knew OB wasn't my gig after delivering just one baby.

I poured hot water on the car to melt off some of the >1/8" coating of ice that had accumulated from the weekend's freezing rain, and was able to drive it to work.  Yeesh.

And, last night, the second of four eggs hatched in our cockatiel cage.  I'd like to say the babies are cute, but in reality, there are few things quite so ugly as baby parrots.

Yes, they show their dinosaur heritage.

They look like this.

cockatiel-bird-hatchling-LG.jpg

Our birds are very protective of their offspring, and they aren't really letting us in to clean the cage right now, so imagine that one above in a dirty (ie. shitty) cage if you want to know what ours look like.  They're about a teaspoon in size when they first emerge.

What are your plans with the babies?  If you want them to be human friendly, you need to take them away from their parents and raise them yourself.  Then they will be "hand fed" and will be more bonded to humans.

Agree on the human babies. Have you ever seen one being delivered? Just awful. Not just ugly, but fluids of all sorts and excrement everywhere. Screaming hysterics of a woman in horrible pain ...

And then their heads are so malleable at that point that they actually get squished coming out. Excrement is always gross, but I had forgotten that part. And the color is all wrong (red bordering on purple), and the skin is all wrinkly...

(shudders)

Yes, they show their dinosaur heritage.

What are your plans with the babies?  If you want them to be human friendly, you need to take them away from their parents and raise them yourself.  Then they will be "hand fed" and will be more bonded to humans.

I keep reading that that is a myth, and that as long as you handle them frequently from 12 days old onwards, they will be friendly to people.  I'm hoping not to have to hand feed them, as that is a real PITA.

We're going to give them away to friends and family when they're ~10 weeks old.

Edited by acidbasement

And that's pretty much how it turned out. I called UPS and they confirmed that the package was delivered. I should have asked if they had the exact GPS coordinates of the drop off location because I didn't actually have the package, but didn't. That guy was just too perky. I then contacted Amazon and they immediately refunded the cost, so I'm out nothing. I suggested they put a tracer on the package, but they just wanted to refund the money. Good enough, I guess. I still think about the receipt with my information printed on it... Oh well. I'll just have to keep aware of my accounts as always. Meh.

Edited by bhjazz