And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

The brain worked out very well from a "everything fit" standpoint but I'm not sure there's a backpack made (this size anyway) that is going to make carrying 25lbs of crap around feel great. But I like the pocket layout, it fit in the overhead bin well, even stuffed to the gills. I'll try to post a picture of it packed at some point. Now to take a quick drive up to the training site before finding dinner.

Glad to hear the ankle is feeling better, Vicki, butlleasedont overdo it and set yourself back.

Figured I'd snap a picture before unpacking...

147779468.jpg

That's carrying the M17x, its power supply, an iPad, its power supply, a Kindle, a bunch of audio cables, batteries, a jacket, a sweater, wallet, keys, a folder, Pico Power, a pad of paper, some pens, an umbrella, sunglasses, HF2s and I'm probably forgetting some other stuff. 

I saw an excellent folk metal show in Winnipeg last night. Eluveitie headlined, with Wintersun opening. Both bands were incredible. They're on their way east through the great lakes area to New York before heading back to Europe, so if you're in their path and you like heavy music, I recommend checking it out.

Today I went to a head-fi meet, and decided my HD600 is just as damn good to my ears as the LCD-2 and HE-6 that were also in attendance.

I blew up my electric kettle.

Overfilled it on the previous fill, brought it to a boil.  Poured it into the clothes washer (was trying to sterilize my pillows).  Filled it less high but still almost full, set it to boil.  Next thing I know, I hear an electric "pfff...", I turn around, and the cord is on fire next to the socket.  I of course pulled it out and put it out.

I'm presuming I did something to the element such that it was sucking too high a current, and no breakers threw, and the fire happened at the point of least resistance (and therefore most heat)?  Wouldn't mind knowing exactly what happened, as I don't understand it.  Did it arc?

I do know enough not to do that again, and will be purchasing a new electric kettle in the morning, and making a mental note not to overfill it again.  But I wouldn't mind being reassured that it was indeed my fault, rather than it just failing in some random fashion sped up by my actions, as I do walk away from the electric kettle all the time.

Is it Zojirushi time?

^ This.  I'm curious how you liked the Brain as well.

I completed my x-mas shopping, including walking (not on crutches) a bit in Barnes and Noble.  I may have overdone it, but I'm clearly on the mend and excited about it. 

Vicki that is awesome, I can't wait to see you on the Calfee

Nate that bag looks awesome I may have the play for both teams Red Ox and TB

Dusty it is always time for a Zojirushi, crap I have two

We use the water from our RO water filtration system. Not sure I want to mess around with getting the two systems to work together just for coffee in the morning. We've gone back to a kettle on the stove but it takes so long to heat up...

They work great together.

Hot (Not quite boiling water) for black tea - no thanks. We had a Saeco Eletric Kettle from costco  - went through two replacements when they just stopped working - Shame as they did the job  and had a great light show (3 blended led's changed color with temperature)

Boil (212oF , or  3 set + holds @ 100, 150 or 200)

Fun while it lasted.