And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I suggest that you don't take Parasitology or you will become a vegetarian again, at least for a long while.

Yeah, there's some nasty stuff out there!

Can't wait to hear his stories if he goes back to med school! There's this thing called med school disease, in which the student thinks he has whatever disease he's learning about. We all get varying degrees of it. Then laugh about how goofy we all are.

It comes with some strings but I would have had to do the community service and work at the clinic anyways as part of graduation requirements so kinda works out well.

I received an admit from Miami and LECOM but given the cost of attendance I was leaning towards LECOM which would have required moving and figuring out my own rotation sites etc. with nsu I can still do all my rotations at Jackson memorial hospital (which was the draw for Miami), stay 45 minutes away from Julie and at ~1/3 the cost of attendance of Miami. I'll graduate with a DO instead of an MD. Research opportunities are also available although not as many at nova but at both schools they are dependent on grades in the first two years so it equalizes out. Do vs md doesn't really bother me or make any difference to me. Nsu was far more understanding of my past and I felt desired there. Whereas at UM I was just an application number. I feel like I will be treated better at nsu. Hence the decision to matriculated there. With recent mergers in oct, MD residencies will be less of an issue for DO students as well.

I'm in between Santa gigs right now. Three down for today, four more to go. Yesterday, today, tomorrow and Sunday will be 28 events in total. Crazy busy, but having tons of fun. The event I just came from is a charitable deal for an adult learning center (meaning essentially a day care facility for adults with moderate to extreme mental and physical disabilities). This was only my second year doing this event, so I had forgotten that it was co-sponsored by the West Bay police department! The facility is actually less than a mile from my house so it's an easy event for me to do. What a blast! They're like a bunch of big kids, a very happy group.

But the main reason for this post is to say that they all are definitely aware of the situation, right up to the chief, apparently. The minute I got there, one of the officers put his hand over his badge number and said, "I don't want to get in trouble with you!" They were all laughing about it, and saying that I should charge my full price for the event next Sunday. I still haven't heard anything official, but it seems that they don't think I'm bluffing so will either be dusting away the ticket or paying me $100 before the event. They said that chances are, they'll just "pass the hat" to collect the money from all of the officers, and number 418 (the offending officer) will be expected to chip in a double share!

I just checked through my Santa journals from past years, and next Sunday will actually mark the 11th consecutive year that I've done this event for them and I've never charged them a nickel. Throughout the years I've been involved with several other things that they do for the community in the summer months as well, especially a fishing tournament that they host that I did all of the bookkeeping for in the late 90s and up until Hurricance Ivan in 2004. So a lot of them know me, and have been to my house many times for false alarms on my burglary system as well.

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 1