And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Jacob you're a great guy! This can't be easy, but it's refreshing to see people trying all the options before throwing in the towel. 

My hope is that one day when you and Emily are old and grey, holding hands while strolling through the park, looking back, these trials are only going to be part of what made your union so strong.

• Like 1

And of course, Jacob, I'm very glad to hear that things are looking up on the home front.  In a very minor way having kids is like living with someone with a personality issue.  My son was an effing mental case last night, screaming, hitting, just going berzerk after his bath.  Tonight he was all hugs and kisses and "wuv u dad."  It is taxing and I simply can't imagine the adult version.  So hang in there bud and vent when necessary.

• Like 1

Jacob you're a great guy! This can't be easy, but it's refreshing to see people trying all the options before throwing in the towel.

My hope is that one day when you and Emily are old and grey, holding hands while strolling through the park, looking back, these trials are only going to be part of what made your union so strong.

Excellently said.

Sent frum mah phone-blet using Tapatalk.

Fingers crossed for you and Emily and Jacob. I really respect that you guys are trying everything to stay together and be happy.

Also we came to a final price with the original dealer. In the end I am ok with it but the whole car buying experience is just seedy. A bunch of people who will just lie to your face until you prove them wrong.

• Like 1

in 2007, that was the recommended dose to start with.  crazy.  2 mg is high, from what i've read on the NIH site, with many docs suggesting that be split, for bipolar.

Yes, 15mg was crazy. I completely stopped prescribing it for a year, until a trusted colleague suggested 2-5 mg. I've had pretty good results with that dose range.

Tonight my teenage daughter informs me that she hasn't seen her wallet since 6:45PM Wednesday, and first noticed it wasn't in her purse when she got to school this morning (Thurs).  She thought she'd find it at home, but after she gets home she looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it.  She manages to freak out and sit in her room for hours in panic mode before telling me.  First thing I did was search her car for it, and then go online to make sure nobody was using her debit card or my MasterCard that she uses for gas or groceries.

But because she is studying for finals she's too upset about her AP Statistics test tomorrow to let me search her room because she can't concentrate, and she's still freaked out.  I lieu of a room search I then get sent on a wild goose chase to the gas station where she may have left it, but no luck.  So I back off for a little while and order the paperwork online for replacing her driver's license.  I also call MasterCard to cancel my card but hang up, and call back, and hang up, over and over about 5 times because I'm worried I'll cancel prematurely.  I really wanted to wait until I can search her room and convince myself that her wallet is really gone before canceling the cards.

After 2 more hours of intermittent begging that I need to search her room, I give up and cancel her debit card and my MasterCard. So, MasterCard has to send all five of us a new card but it wont be here till next week (stupid cards all have the same #). This is just 2 weeks after my VISA card # was stolen, forcing me to go into all my online accounts and change the billing to another card - and now I have to do it all over again.

I hang up the phone with the bank at 11:22PM and at 11:25PM my daughter announces to me that she found her wallet inside her blankets at the foot of her bed when she was going to bed.

At least she doesn't need a new driver's license.

:sadcat:

Jacob, I only just finished reading all the posts since Monday that I hadn't seen yet.  Things will get better, but there will always be ups and downs - that's the nature of the illness.  But at least with the Rx adjustments and maybe adding something like Abilify the ups and downs can become "hills and troughs" not "mountains and valleys".  Having the diagnosis right is half the way to treating mental illness, but I'm pretty sure meds alone are not enough for most mental health disorders and that therapy is usually indicated as an adjunct even when stable on meds.  Some people don't get diagnosed, and are just treated as if they just have a personality disorder.  I was in that situation for a while about 22-24 years ago.

My 1st wife and I got married after only 6 months of engagement, and within 2 months of marriage she was beating on me.  We did 22 months of marriage counseling but the therapist started seeing the ex by herself after the 1st month or so.  Nobody would tell me what was going on, and it wasn't until after we split up after 2 years did I find out that she'd been molested by her father when she was a child and was having un-diagnosed and un-treated issues.  I'm pretty sure she never got meds to help her deal with the issues while we were together, and I never learned if there was any additional underlying diagnosis, but she could sure act bipolar at times. Maybe if she'd been medicated she would have improved, as therapy alone will not treat some of these issues either.

Actually, if you had waited until 6:27am tomorrow morning, she probably would have found it at 6:31am tomorrow morning -- at least, that's been my experience with Murphy's law.

Next time, you can put a hold on the card -- makes it inaccessible, but doesn't cancel it, if you really think you can find it again.

Actually, if you had waited until 6:27am tomorrow morning, she probably would have found it at 6:31am tomorrow morning -- at least, that's been my experience with Murphy's law.

Next time, you can put a hold on the card -- makes it inaccessible, but doesn't cancel it, if you really think you can find it again.

Didn't realize that you could do that -- put a "hold" on a card. Makes good sense that this is an option. I'll have to keep that in mind. I've faced a similar situations from time to time, as I'm sure we all have. Freaky when you can't find a wallet.

I was given a choice of some free seats to a baseball game at marlins stadium.

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/ballpark/seat_selection_guide_32.jsp

Between the Baseline Reserved, Bullpen Reserved and Home run Porch, which seats would be the best? Never been to a baseball game and couldn't find a dedicated thread in the sports forum.

Went to a zoo with my daughter for her daycare's field trip.  While there, I noticed one of the parents carrying a Canon DSLR (more accurately, I noticed the red ring on her lens) and I couldn't shake off the feeling that I'd seen her before.  Turns out it was the photographer we hired for our family photos several months ago.  Apparently, she was also trying to figure out where she'd seen me and was wondering if it was at one of the weddings she'd shot recently.