And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

This is pretty light compared to some of the other stuff posted recently, but woke today to the following. 

<snip> 

I'm no doctor, but something seemed a bit off. Spent morning at pediatrician. Looks like a cold that morphed into a sinus infection this weekend, that grew into a double ear infection within last 24 or so hours. First real illness, but on the bright side no pink eye. Antibiotics started and fingers crossed Esmé returns to happy-go-lucky self soon.

No worries, Ric, they bounce back remarkably quick and as long as they sleep the super cuddles that you get sometimes make for fun memories all their own.  I'm sure she'll be back to unthinkable levels of cuteness before you know it.

Get well sickies!  That pic of Esme, Ric, is scary.

Larry, I agree with Antonio.  You're very right to readjust your priorities.  Sending you healing wishes.

I had a Monday.  I'm excited about my new bike, but other than that, I'm glad the day is over.

Damn, get well soon, everyone!

Al, my teen next door neighbor had Osgood Schlatter. Poor guy, he grew from me looking down at him to me looking up at him over one winter. Didn't recognize him when he said hi to me the next spring. In terrible pain for months. Must have been miserable for you.

Jacob, awesome job on your tests! So great to hear you're acing grad school!

the bronchitis, or whatever it is, is getting worse today, after being better yesterday.  i finally got in for tomorrow morning, but apparently it's a triple booking.  i'm also finally supposed to get a referral to an ENT for the chronic sinus/eustachian congestion that i've had for so long.  if it's this bad trying to get in to see a doctor who is employed by my employer and has an office less than 500 feet from my own, i don't want to know what it's like for anybody else.

Shit, sorry Jacob. 

My previous primary care doc's office told me the first appointment available was in three weeks the one time in 5 years I called asking to get in for being sick. I got a new doctor a while ago, and he got me in within a week the one time I called. But he's in a newer practice and maybe it'll get worse.

I moved the damn tv at last.  Royal pain.

tv-2.png

i moved a mtn dew foamie into place to see how it would work.  they would be flanked by diffusors all around.

i think these would be good here.  the key is to lean them from the floor so i get a little air pocket back there.

the absurdity of depth isn't too obvious when viewing the panel dead on which is nice.

TV-1.png

Edited by aardvark baguette

Suffering through day 7 of Sinus infection, and day 2 of the new Pink Eye infection WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

At least there are drugs for the Pink Eye that actually work this time because it's bacterial.  I love my little disease ridden daughter, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Hope you feel better Ed.

I just got off the phone with amazon because they would not refund me the price difference on two thermostats I bought 20 days ago because it was outside their 7 day window. Their tune changed a bit when I pointed out that I would just purchase two new ones and return the old ones (well in fact I'd return the new ones). I was granted a "one time" exemption. I guess I'll have to do the switch return in the future.