And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Took off work today to take Xavier to the Minute Clinic to get his knee checked out. It randomly starts hurting before school every couple of weeks. First day back after spring break and it hurts. If he's faking this, he's sticking with it pretty well. If it's growing pains, they're only presenting in the knee.

he's just an old man like his dad. We're #2 in line, so hopefully I'll know soon.

**BRENT**

My diagnosis: Osgood Schlatter Disease

My diagnosis: Osgood Schlatter Disease

Couldn't do anything but hop, even in the waiting room. Inside the room? Steps on the scale, bares full weight, not hurting at all.

In the waiting room, I notice a nit.  Check more thoroughly? Lice and nits. Call school for Zoe to be discreetly checked. I got a call back, then went to pick her up (I shall save the details many parents already know).  I already have a 3 stage kit and am starting to go through approximately 250,000 feet of hair.

The clippers in the bathroom look OH so tempting to me right now.

Oh, and they were at their maternal grandmother's house all last week for spring break.  In the woods, with dogs, cats, and chickens. SOOOO happy about that right now.

**BRENT**

Larry, it's great you've made it this far and are able to check in here. I think your change of focus is a wise move. Get the best of your time with your family, and take care of yourself. Best wishes, mate. I don't know what I'd do, probably risking to the heart-lung transplant, but I have no kids or other dependents of me.

Brent, hopefully Al is right. Good vibes your way.

Peter, I wouldn't give up on your mom yet. With some physical therapy she might improve despite her age. Human brain is an amazing organ. Can she write? Can she recognize shapes or colors when told?

Jacob, take care and get well soon. (((())))

Yeah, I haven't given up on her.  I'm just whining.  Mostly because it's just really hard to watch, due to my own recent episode.  I still remember how frustrating it was when the nurse would stick her hand in mine and tell me to squeeze, and I would concentrate with all my might to squeeze, thinking it was just a matter of will power, and after a couple seconds, even though I was still trying, she would say, "nothing?" and move on to whatever was next.  But in my mom's case, even though I see parallels, I can also see that things are fundamentally different -- she's not paralyzed on either side; she doesn't stammer for answers -- she just keeps right on talking.  I wonder if she knows she is not making any sense.  She doesn't act like she does.

This is pretty light compared to some of the other stuff posted recently, but woke today to the following. 

esmesick.jpg

I'm no doctor, but something seemed a bit off. Spent morning at pediatrician. Looks like a cold that morphed into a sinus infection this weekend, that grew into a double ear infection within last 24 or so hours. First real illness, but on the bright side no pink eye. Antibiotics started and fingers crossed Esmé returns to happy-go-lucky self soon.

This is pretty light compared to some of the other stuff posted recently, but woke today to the following. 

esmesick.jpg

I'm no doctor, but something seemed a bit off. Spent morning at pediatrician. Looks like a cold that morphed into a sinus infection this weekend, that grew into a double ear infection within last 24 or so hours. First real illness, but on the bright side no pink eye. Antibiotics started and fingers crossed Esmé returns to happy-go-lucky self soon.

My diagnosis Adenovirus

Not a long term threat, Ric, but very heart- and gut-wrenching to see your child like that, especially the first time.  Get well soon Super Esmé!

Sorry about the lice, Brent, but as for the knees you should see if Xavier has any knobs/bumps forming just below his knees.  The Osgood Schlatter hit me around 7th or 8th grade and it was pretty brutal for awhile.  I didn't have trouble bearing weight but the pain was awful at times.

Edited by Voltron

Going home this afternoon on Omnicef and Zithromax antibiotics, and 60mg prednisone a day. Should be manic by the end of the week due to prednisone, unless that symptom was exacerbated in the past by one of my other meds. Good news is I've been off the Paxil since Feb 27 (5 weeks) with no adverse effects, so maybe no mania on steroids this time. My sleep apnea Dr thought Paxil would help energize me, but the Nuvigil helps more.

I'll meet with surgeon in Denver later, but I'm not planning on surgery right now. They want him to get familiar with me, so when surgery becomes a last resort he won't be seeing me for the first time as a new patient emergency.

Not a long term threat, Ric, but very heart- and gut-wrenching to see your child like that, especially the first time.  Get well soon Super Esmé!

This! I would be the one needing medical care if I saw my child looking like that.

Speedy recovery beautiful Esme!

Edited by swt61

just checked my corporate accounting assignment from this weekend, and discovered that i've gotten my first 100% exam score.  i thought i either aced it or blew it (there is little feedback, and no teaching beyond what is in the book, so it's a crap shoot).  i'm sitting with a 95%, to this point, so i'm pretty happy.  grad school rules! :)

i guess my takeaway is that i should always have bronchitis when i take MBA exams.

They have real exams in MBA school?  I thought you were just graded on winking and handshakes.  

Edited by shellylh

Wow!

What a rash of ailments!

Hope you and yours all feel better soon.

Ric,.. you're a brave man! Maybe it's the pictures amplifying the ailment, but I woulda freaked! I guess it's all part of being a parent though?

And Yikes aardvark!

You've gotta rash on your wall,.. and it's growing like mad!

I'm no expert, but that looks like more than enough first reflection wall treatment (don't forget that the floor and ceiling are equal offenders for early reflections).

You might wanta concentrate on back and front walls.

Are you using some kinda mic/interface/software analysis?

Edited by ironbut

front wall needs the most work.  im going to take the tv down and remove the mount.  

have to get my dad help with that so i have 2 sets of hands.

what i want to do is get more skyline diffusors for the front wall but they are crazy expensive and no one seems to have much in stock.

i have a crap ton of diffusors coming for the ceiling but i could use some where the tv is.  not sure if i'd be better off w/ some foam in between rows of diffusion or not.  

i'm going to get another set of fly traps for the rest of the window area, that has been far and away the biggest improvement to the room.

i think i see what Peter was talking about the other day about symmetry, some jazz was pulling to the right a bit.  but that stuff is hard panned so it may have been just the album i was listening to.  

so basically I should be able to cover the entire lower half of the picture windows with those.

my new audio rack is coming in 3 packages on wednesday.  i'd like to get all the wall stuff done before setting that up but thats out if I go with skyliners.  can't wait forever.

the entire dining room is a cardboard fort at this point.  uggghh.

oh yeah, no software, I like to just go by intuition and then adjust by ear over time.  part of the fun.

oh yeah and obviously the speakers will be upgraded, still going schizo on that decision.  

i'd like to go with something thats a good match for the aleph 3 and stand mounted.  currently debating monitor 30.1, the new sony ES bookshelves or possibly lipinski.

i really can't believe the bass texture out of these 50 dollar speakers at the right volume level.  it shouldnt work this well.

Edited by aardvark baguette