And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

As of today, forever after, I will save myself $10 per jacket taken-in, as I have figured out how to correctly redo the vent overlap and crease, so that the vent flaps lie correctly.  It takes all of maybe 5 minutes, and that includes the time it takes the iron to heat up. I totally understand why it's not included in having a jacket taken-in (and, I'd assume, let-out; the issue is probably the same, just opposite), as it's a nice little profit center. Of course, that $20 includes a full press and crease, but I have a good steamer and iron, so the vent work was what I was really paying for. 

Edited by EdipisReks1

This is actually yesterday. I went on a one-day advanced navigation course in the (English) Lake District, in Langdale. This was navigating with contours only, and the trainer provided maps that only had contours, and the symbols for cliffs etc. But nothing else - no roads, paths, streams etc etc. So the focus was in knowing where you are - where were you last, where are you now, and what will you see next. A further key learning point was how to move efficiently - basically I didn't - so I have a whole history of walking to unlearn. Fascinating stuff

And this is the map.

contours map.pdf

• Like 1

So... Last night around 1-2 a.m my next door neighbours got into fight. It was extremely hard, she was screaming and throwing things against the wall. And as I heard later she hit him a lot, especially she slapped him hard over his ears.

Then she went to the hall of building, screaming for help... I was naked but I quickly wear things and got out after them. The scene was extremely nerve pushing: she was sitting on the floor and he was trying to make her stand by pulling her. I was about to punch him to senses but she jumped between us.

I got him to my house for seperating them and called the police. While I was calling the police, she was begging me for not to but he wanted me to call. Police never showed up btw. After some time I let him go.

He is a body builder and she is as petite as one can be but as it appeared she kicked his ass off and smashed half of the house to the ground/walls.

She is extremely neurotic. Boy seems a nice fella. I felt sorry for both of them and went to sleep.

It became like a diary entry but anyway...

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Gave a big speech at the rehearsal dinner for my sister's wedding last night.

Boy, I have nothing but respect for you guys who have to get up in front of crowds all the time and speak. It is hard!

Everyone said it went great, and I got a bunch of laughs, but despite all that it is hard not to feel like I could have done a better job. Maybe I'm just being to hard on myself.

In any case, glad to have it behind me! Wedding tonight should be a blast.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 10

Gave a big speech at the rehearsal dinner for my sister's wedding last night.
Boy, I have nothing but respect for you guys who have to get up in front of crowds all the time and speak. It is hard!
Everyone said it went great, and I got a bunch of laughs, but despite all that it is hard not to feel like I could have done a better job. Maybe I'm just being to hard on myself.
In any case, glad to have it behind me! Wedding tonight should be a blast.
It definitely could have been better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

On 09.09.2017 at 7:21 PM, skullguise said:

Good that you got involved to help, Ozgur, but please be careful.....it sounds like the guy was decent enough not to beat up the woman despite the size difference, though, so that's a possible good sign...

Hope it all ends up OK.....

Thanks Todd. Yes one must be careful but when I see someone hurting anything/anyone cannot defend themself, I lose it. But I'm glad I did not beat him.

They have been dead silent since the fight.

Where our daughter lives in Australia, the really common big one is the Golden Orb Weaver. Non poisonous (although they can give you a nip), but a big bugger with a body length (not including legs) of 5cm. They keep to the forest floor during day, and come out at night and spin their webs across forest paths in serious quantity - so walking at night can be an "adventure"!

Golden silk spider - Nephila clavipes.jpg

• Like 1