Apple Watch

• 2 weeks later...

Who's buying a Puls?

http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/15/will-i-am-debuts-puls-smartwatch-with-built-in-3g-connection-and-voice-controlled-interface/

"The exact price wasn’t given but the singer said that it will be cheaper than an off-contract iPhone."

Edited by blessingx

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking at the Sport Space Gray Aluminum w/Black Band (and possibly later some third party alternative). Undecided on size (probably need to try on), but playing with the ridiculously large LG G has me leaning towards the 38mm for my girlish wrists. Interestingly Apple doesn't have much info on the battery differences between the models besides "A 42mm Apple Watch typically experiences longer battery life."

Man... I feel like Apple is doing everything right these days.

I'm totally in on one of these. The hands-on videos that tech sites have been posting look very impressive.

As much as I doubt that they are going to sell many gold ones, I do think its important that they put it out there. In a strange way I think it gives them credibility and shows that they really are trying to make a watch, not just another gizmo.

They'd have been foolish not to offer an ultra-premium version.  Megabuck modded iphones already exist in the aftermarket so why not grab that cash yourself?  If one hasn't already shown up on the red carpet it's only a matter of minutes before it does, I'm sure.

Me, I just don't see the point and I'm a gadget lover at heart.  I try to picture how I'd use it and it never goes beyond "as a watch" and in that regard I much prefer my current, analog setup.

I'll chime in to say I've been watchless since the rise of smartphones and it wasn't until fitness trackers (Misfit in my case) that I saw a cause worth an extra device on my wrist. My interest in possibilities expand here with a real platform (though is potential at this point), while my concerns point towards the battery-life (sleep tracking, for instance, is going to be difficult). We'll see.

EDIT: For those wondering about the size choice, the below instructions allow you to virtually compare on your wrist.

Download Apple Store app on iPhone. Open the Apple Store app, tap the ‘Learn more’ link under the Apple Watch banner at the top, tap the ‘View Pricing’ button on the top right corner, then tap ‘Compare case sizes’ near the top center. Place phone on wrist.

Looks like I'll be going 38mm.

Edited by blessingx

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how flexible TAG Heuer will be on modern design or how how UI focused Google could become, but this could be interesting. We "cannot fail."

"The difference between the TAG Heuer watch and the Apple watch is very important," Biver said. "That one is called Apple and this one is called TAG Heuer."