Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

A bunch of car stereo stuff.

For the motorhome cab area:

Alpine CDA117 head unit

Alpine PXA-H100 audio signal processor

Alpine KTX-H100 multi-EQ tuning kit

Alpine SWX-1043D (2 Type X subs)

Alpine PDX 1.1000 (2 digital amps for subs)

Alpine SPX-17PRO (2 pairs of component door speakers)

Alpine PDX 4.150 (4 channel digital amp)

For my Dodge pick up:

Pioneer DEH-P9800BT head unit

Alpine SWR-1043D (2 Type R subs)

Alpine PDX 1.1000 (1 digital amp for both subs)

Alpine SPX-17REF (2 pairs of component door speakers)

Alpine PDX 4.100 (4 channel digital amp)

Everything will be installed this weekend if all goes well.

Still need to get an enclosure that will work with the subs for the Dodge. Will either have to give up my center console, which I'm not crazy about doing, or possibly use the Type R subs for a different vehicle (probably my Ford Edge) and use an MTX double sub box for the Dodge which will fit under the rear seats with JL subs.

Nice Alpine haul. JL should also make a Stealth box for the Dodge.

Why no Alpine head and H100 for the Dodge?

A bunch of car stereo stuff.

For the motorhome cab area:

Alpine CDA117 head unit

Alpine PXA-H100 audio signal processor

Alpine KTX-H100 multi-EQ tuning kit

Alpine SWX-1043D (2 Type X subs)

Alpine PDX 1.1000 (2 digital amps for subs)

Alpine SPX-17PRO (2 pairs of component door speakers)

Alpine PDX 4.150 (4 channel digital amp)

For my Dodge pick up:

Pioneer DEH-P9800BT head unit

Alpine SWR-1043D (2 Type R subs)

Alpine PDX 1.1000 (1 digital amp for both subs)

Alpine SPX-17REF (2 pairs of component door speakers)

Alpine PDX 4.100 (4 channel digital amp)

Everything will be installed this weekend if all goes well.

Still need to get an enclosure that will work with the subs for the Dodge. Will either have to give up my center console, which I'm not crazy about doing, or possibly use the Type R subs for a different vehicle (probably my Ford Edge) and use an MTX double sub box for the Dodge which will fit under the rear seats with JL subs.

yes!...love alpine...went to the factory on a field trip believe it or not...my half-brother with the golden ear swears by them as well...i wish i had a vehicle worth makin' that kinda investment in...

Audyssey room correction err...car correction...nuts...

congrats & i hope you carpool:)...

Nice Alpine haul. JL should also make a Stealth box for the Dodge.

Why no Alpine head and H100 for the Dodge?

Bought the Pioneer unit first, when I was in Maine back in May, then wandered all over the place this summer and never had it installed. Too late to return it to Best Buy. Same with the Type R subs. Would have put the same system in both vehicles had I had the good sense to shop online to begin with. The price differences between retail and online for car stereo gear are unreal. Figure 2:1 on average.

So since I already had the Type R subs, I figured I'd use them for the Dodge, which is a much smaller acoustic chamber (originally intended for the cab area of the motorhome). That saved me $500 in amplification (one 1000 watt sub amp instead of two for the pick up). Then I decided to go down one step with the door speakers and the amp that drives them as well (for the Dodge). Still should sound pretty good.

But the one I'm really looking forward to hearing is the all-top-of the-line Alpine setup in the cab. I spend a lot of time up there driving, so I won't regret doing it right.

just as well you have the motorhome, you'd never cram all that in the atom!

I just bought an airport extreme which I hope will be less a piece of crap than the POS Belkin router. If weight is anything to go by, the airport will be at least 3x better.

JL should also make a Stealth box for the Dodge.

Found a solution tonight, so I'll be able to use the Type R subs in the Dodge. A company called Fox Acoustics makes some cool sub boxes, including one that works perfectly with my subs (i.e., mounting depth with 1/16th of an inch to spare), plus it's not made out of cheap MDF, and was reasonably priced at $200. http://www.foxacoustics.com/

Apparently, I got lucky because these particular subs don't require much air space within the box to sound good. Man, I love online forums. You can learn so much so quickly and feel confident you're doing the right thing.

Only drawback is the only shipping option was 7 day ground, so I had to ship it to my Illinois address. Will get everything else installed in Idaho this week but that will have to wait.

Found a solution tonight, so I'll be able to use the Type R subs in the Dodge. A company called Fox Acoustics makes some cool sub boxes, including one that works perfectly with my subs (i.e., mounting depth with 1/16th of an inch to spare), plus it's not made out of cheap MDF, and was reasonably priced at $200. http://www.foxacoustics.com/

Apparently, I got lucky because these particular subs don't require much air space within the box to sound good. Man, I love online forums. You can learn so much so quickly and feel confident you're doing the right thing.

Only drawback is the only shipping option was 7 day ground, so I had to ship it to my Illinois address. Will get everything else installed in Idaho this week but that will have to wait.

1/16" of an inch behind the magnet? If that's the case you might run into issues with the pole vent. You should shoot for at least 1/2" of clearance behind the vent with more being better.

Edit: Looks like the Type Rs don't have a pole vent so you are golden.

Edited by naamanf

Harry Potter Lego Quidditch Practice Set

Tickets to four events at the EIU Fine Arts Center for the family: The Kelly Bell Band, It's a Wonderful Life, The Ahn Trio and The Sierra Leone Refugees

A refurbished iMac for Peter because he said his computer sucked and he wanted one like mom's :palm:

Just doing my job for the economy.

1/16" of an inch behind the magnet? If that's the case you might run into issues with the pole vent. You should shoot for at least 1/2" of clearance behind the vent with more being better.

Edit: Looks like the Type Rs don't have a pole vent so you are golden.

Thanks, that's good to know. It should prove interesting just how tight the fit is and whether there is any way to raise the subs up a bit with spacers, or whatever works and won't result in risking damage to the subs when people are sitting the back seats.

I did find it off that the dual 10" enclosure (the one I ordered) is vented whereas the dual 12" enclosure for the same vehicle is sealed. I would have expected the opposite since there should be a bit more airspace in the same size box for slightly smaller subs.