Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Congrats, Steve!

Nice speakers. I love the macassar wood. If you like those, you should take a look at the deal on jp11801's SuperHemps.

Thanks! They remind me of a smaller version of your old Omegas tyrion.

I saw jp11801's ad, but I haven't heard any single driver speakers yet, and I wanted to dive in small. If I like them I imagine eventually I'll end up with some larger Cain & Cain's. Although with my powered subs these may make me very happy?

Very nice Steve and how do they sound? Can they deliver the details? Omegas are a really nice looking speaker.

I only just came to an arrangement with the seller on A-gon, so I won't have these for a little while yet. That's fine, because my ?22 is at Marc's getting super tweaked.

I have never heard any single driver speakers, so I can only guess as to what they may sound like. just thought that from everything I've read I may really enjoy them.

Thanks! They remind me of a smaller version of your old Omegas tyrion.

I saw jp11801's ad, but I haven't heard any single driver speakers yet, and I wanted to dive in small. If I like them I imagine eventually I'll end up with some larger Cain & Cain's. Although with my powered subs these may make me very happy?

I only just came to an arrangement with the seller on A-gon, so I won't have these for a little while yet. That's fine, because my ?22 is at Marc's getting super tweaked.

I have never heard any single driver speakers, so I can only guess as to what they may sound like. just thought that from everything I've read I may really enjoy them.

Love my Cain & Cain Abbys I got from Mike, but sub is pretty much required. John's Omegas with his tt setup sounded great, but neither he nor Mike can hang onto gear for more than a few weeks. I was surprised he kept them for so long (a few months). Mike didn't you have the Omegas Steve just bought for at least a couple weeks? I never got the chance to hear them.

A multitude of resistors, caps. clamps, terminal strips, tube sockets, 1/4 plugs, RCA jacks and I'm sure I'm forgetting more. Basically about 95% of what I need to work on the Menace project.

Wait, so you are actually working on your own stuff like you said? Damn, you were serious about the retirement.

Oh, and the last thing I bought was lunch.

I was with my 6 y.o. son and bought this:

pic0869D612-967C-47CF-B43E-B7FDBC512F2F.jpg

Only Star Wars lego set left in the store, they are very popular here at the moment.

I guess this is not the time to say that I have never ever seen a Star Wars film.

I remember Legos before they sold out to sponsors :sadcat:

When I was a kid there wasn't even people in Lego sets ;)

Sponsors or not, lego is, imo, much better than most other thing a 6 y.o. would like to buy (which would be things like various Pokemon and other fotm cards/plastic figures).

When I was a kid there wasn't even people in Lego sets ;)

Sponsors or not, lego is, imo, much better than most other thing a 6 y.o. would like to buy (which would be things like various Pokemon and other fotm cards/plastic figures).

I think I hit the Lego peak when it was Town/Space/Pirates/Castle. Which were all 4 types of civilizations in the universe. Then it got a little weird and they started adding things like people who live in the ocean, and then came the Space: Brought to you by Star Wars stuff

I think I hit the Lego peak when it was Town/Space/Pirates/Castle. Which were all 4 types of civilizations in the universe. Then it got a little weird and they started adding things like people who live in the ocean, and then came the Space: Brought to you by Star Wars stuff

To be honest there is a hole in my lego memory, but the kids plays with much the same way we did when I was young. The only major difference is that in the old days there was very few special bricks, as opposed to now when there is very few general bricks. But still (free form) castles are built and vikings, knights, pirates and firemen are all called in for their duty. And the good side always win (I am usually with the bad guys).

I'm with you there. I really would have liked the programmable stuff back when I was 8 though... :sadcat:

I signed up for a C++ class in high school to motivate myself to get the Mindstorm kit. Too bad programming made my eyes glaze over.

If they still make that stuff I'd love to pick up a set.

And I too sort of fell off Legos just as they started doing the generic space stuff. I have a bunch of sets where the theme was black and neon green in space ???

But my favorite Lego figures were always the pirates. They had the best faces.

I signed up for a C++ class in high school to motivate myself to get the Mindstorm kit. Too bad programming made my eyes glaze over.

If they still make that stuff I'd love to pick up a set.

And I too sort of fell off Legos just as they started doing the generic space stuff. I have a bunch of sets where the theme was black and neon green in space ???

Programming just makes me suicidal... :o I was always much more into the hardware side and doing crazy stuff to it.

I loved the pirates but I usually ripped the kits apart with in a week and built something else. The ships were cool though and some of the forts and stuff.

When I was a kid, Lego minifigs all had the same face: the eternally happy, somewhat maniacal grin.

My favorite set was 6075, the original castle. For a six year old, it was an epic set. As an adult, I love how it's built primarily out of basic bricks, the way a real castle would be made out of stone. I still have most of the pieces upstairs in a box. Every few years I toy with the idea of trying to rebuild it. ;D