Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Haha :)

The guy repairs/restores vintage tube amps and McIntosh amps in Chamblee GA...and by all accounts he is competent at that. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was thinking/measuring in preamp land...the 0.4 uF is passable, if not the best choice, into a 50K load (which I confirmed by feeding the SDS into a Gilmore V2 amp - sounds fairly flat that way). Hell, many old Mc amps have a 200K input impedance - should be perfectly fine into that. However, into a 300 ohm load the roll-off is comical. I did google-learn more about coupling caps values and rolloff points thanks to this little issue - yay!

Lesson learned - it's now going to a guy I respect and trust completely over at Audio Atlanta for the simple corrective operation. I'd have to courage to do it myself if I had a few drinks in me, but then I shouldn't be poking around in this amp under those conditions :D

Didn't buy it recently... In fact, bought it so long ago that I had forgotten about it completely until an email showed up with tracking info.

1235665609_dscn0908_resize.jpg

1235665705_dscn0909_resize.jpg

Vaja leather case for my Omnia. Going to take some getting used to... The phone is pretty small and comfortable in my hand, and the case, especially when open, is significantly bigger. But I've also been lucky with my last few phones... Drops have resulted in very little damage. But I don't want to continue to press my luck! And I've been very happy with my Vaja iPod case.

for me it was what I didn't buy, I guess. Nokia N85 pricing error at dell, got the cancelation e-mail from them. But still waiting for the ~$80 to come back to my paypal account, might have a few things I want to buy, so hope it gets here soon.

Would have been amazing if I did get the phone at that price though.