Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Good choice on Hendricks and happy cocktailing! Very nice beer haul too. You must have a pretty decent beer shop because some of those aren't readily available everywhere.

Thanks Al, I have good beer tutors. :)

The Allagash Curiex is aged in Bourbon casks which should make for an interesting presentation, and the good thing about it is that you can lay it down in your cellar for up to six years to accentuate it's character, whatever that is. Buying booze and laying it down for a few years is my MO so this may get to be fun.

Bummer about Shelly's Sierra Nevada Harvest, I hope the one I just bought strikes my fancy, if not I will chuck it at one of the local rattlers.

Edited by Augsburger

Partly diversification, partly as a way to set aside some savings in a way that encourages me to not raid the funds every time I need a bit of walking around money. I lack discipline.

Who knew? You seem to be very disciplined to me, good luck and make sure they are in a very safe place. One of our friends a few years ago had hundreds of silver and gold coins she and her husband had collected over the years as well as a huge vinyl collection. She lost everything in the Malibu fires and escaped with just the clothes on her back.

Jim, :jbl: on the MM.

Hey, Duggeh -- did you know there was a Mikkeller/Brewdog collaboration, Devine Rebel? I don't remember seeing mention of it before, that's the only reason I mention it.

I was lukewarm on it. Second lot anyway, Didn't get any of the original brew. Might age well I guess. It's probably mentioned somewhere in the drink thread.

i think you'll like it, though i still want the BlackRapid strap.

I thought long and hard about BlackRapid, but went with OP/TECH after reading too many horror stories about BlackRapid strap failing at one spot or another. The price differential doesn't hurt, either.

I haven't used/tried it too long, but I'm liking the OP/TECH a lot thus far. I'd been perfectly happy carrying my camera with wrist strap, but I've been having problems with my right wrist and having a comfortable neck strap is going to be nice.

I thought long and hard about BlackRapid, but went with OP/TECH after reading too many horror stories about BlackRapid strap failing at one spot or another. The price differential doesn't hurt, either.

I haven't used/tried it too long, but I'm liking the OP/TECH a lot thus far. I'd been perfectly happy carrying my camera with wrist strap, but I've been having problems with my right wrist and having a comfortable neck strap is going to be nice.

Yeah I did the research on Black Rapid failures as well. The only one that I have seen that I do not see fixes for on the current model is a strap that just pulls through up by the shoulder pad. The other issues that I see in historic posts have all prompted updates in the current model. The Black Rapid is also dramatically more comfortable than the Op/Tech that I have.

The Op/Tech is still very comfortable but wearing it like Jacob is saying would be my preferred method and I do not see the safety built into that strap that the Black Rapid has.