Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Cetoole how do you like 107di do far, the pair he had out of the box sounded very nice?

Decent, but definite resonance in the midbass, kind of bothersome. Only have a couple hours on so far though. Probably need to pull them further off the back wall, or do treatments or something. Only about 1'.

Edited by cetoole

2qu2dkp.jpg

Two 32oz bottles of Tapatio hot sauce.

I also recently decided I'm in the market for a really cheap TV. All it needs to be able to do is play movies in a side room. 480i is fine, but in the age of 60" LED-backlit 1080p 240hz LCD TVs with built in recipes for turduckens, it's tough to find a "basic" television.

a couple 11x14 prints from adoramapix.

Well just for you mind you, I am willing to autograph them with a nice message. Actually I am flattered you ordered two from my website.

On second thought, they weren't the ones with the midget wrestlers and the latex batman costume right?

Oh, Consecration is definitely worth it, amazing stuff. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Supplication. The guy at the store said that Consecration was modified to be able to be brewed four times a year, while Supplication only could be done twice apparently.

Just drank the Supplication. It is yummy but I think I prefer Consecration. They are similar but Consecration seems to have more layers of flavor. However, I didn't try them side-by-side so I reserve the right to change my mind on this. ;)

What's the Tokina 11-16mm go for? A quick Google search says about $600. For $200 more, one can get the mighty Nikon 10-24mm. At the wide end, every mm counts WRT field of view. If I owned a Nikon APS-C "DX" camera, I'd be all over that. I have shot with the Canon EF-S 10-22mm, and I was really impressed with the results (sadly, I have no example shots online.)

Of course, the real answer is to get a full frame sensor and then the 17-40L (Canon) or um, one of these (Nikon). >:D

What's the Tokina 11-16mm go for? A quick Google search says about $600. For $200 more, one can get the mighty Nikon 10-24mm. At the wide end, every mm counts WRT field of view. If I owned a Nikon APS-C "DX" camera, I'd be all over that. I have shot with the Canon EF-S 10-22mm, and I was really impressed with the results (sadly, I have no example shots online.)

1. The Nikon 10-24 is a half to full stop slower, however the 12-24 DX is a fixed f/4 (vs. 2.8) but just as spendy and loses mm on the low end.

2. It's more like $300 comparing apples to apples (new to new, non gray market).

3. $300 is not an insignificant figure in my photo life.

4. Telling the wife I just bought a $900 lens is not an option, period.

Bottom line, if either would get within a sniff of $400 I'd hit it so fast it wouldn't know what happened. Yes Jacob, prices are definitely inconvenient.

#3 is obviously the most important. Being a perennial bachelor, WAF is an abstract concept to me. If the Tokina works for you, then go for it.

A US version of the Nikon 10-24mm is $810 @ Adorama: 2181 Nikon 10mm - 24mm f/3.5/4.5G ED-IF AF-S DX Autofocus Zoom Lens for Digital SLR Cameras, Nikon U.S.A. Warranty That's not chump change, but it's down almost $100 from when it was introduced. Given that nearly every other Nikon lens has gone up in price, I find that noteworthy.

The differences between F/3.5 and F/4.5 is 2/3rd of a stop. I prefer fixed aperture zooms, but I have learned that with wide zooms variable aperture is much less of an issue. In my experience, aperture size is not hugely important at the wide end, particularly in superwide territory. If you want me to elaborate on that, I will in the photography thread.