Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Length is great. Comparing this one to the standard Op/tech around the neck in carrying the 24-70 in the pics I have to say that shoulder carry is so much better/more comfortable.

Yes it is the R3. In comparing them in the store the R3 seems much more solid. I assume as a solid piece there are less pieces to come apart so that is good. The R3 comes with the RS-5.

Since it looks like I'm keeping the 32 GB 3Gs for a while, I sprung for a new case...

exo4iphone3gblack.jpg

From EXOVAULT - Metal Phone Case - itouch- iphone2g - itouch3g

Not cheap, but pretty impressive. I'm willing to pay for craftsmanship, and I've read some pretty good things. The wood is so the aluminum case doesn't interfere with the signal. Previous generations had openings, but still had metal around the antennae which still screwed with the signal. The brass was pretty badass, but a little too bling for my taste. But the hinged/magnet system looks pretty cool, compared to the bolted version. I'll post an update when it's in and in use with a review/update.

"...magnet..."? I don't know if that's a good idea...admittedly, this wasn't with the iPhone, but I was told never to get one of those cheap cases with the magnetic clasps on my previous smartphone (Palm Treo), but maybe it was because the cheap ones use magnets whose strength isn't regulated...

That's a cool looking iPhone case, Ian. I remember sticking a magnet to a tube television once and really fucking it up for awhile. I can't recall if the rainbow smudge went away with time, but i think it did.

As for me, I cannot seem to stop buying cocktail ingredients. I probably have more liquors, liqueurs, eaux de vie, brandies and other shit than Beelee's bar. In the last two days, I picked up these mostly obscure items:

4428378568_5c83d4258a.jpgbatavia.arrack.bottle.big.jpg

liqueurpictures001-curacaoorange_full.jpgfd-SPIRITS27_ph_0501874953.jpg

beijing-boyce-bars-blog-lairds-apple-jack-stone-fence-post.jpgbols_genever.jpg

LUXMARLQR.jpg

285.jpg

Edited by Voltron

I'll be ordering that sometime next week.

My friends already think I'm crazy, when I tell them I'm spending $40 for soda, they'll probably stop being my friends

Don't worry, they will be your friends still if you share. Buddy.

That's a cool looking iPhone case, Ian. I remember sticking a magnet to a tube television once and really fucking it up for awhile. I can't recall if the rainbow smudge went away with time, but i think it did.

Yeah, CRTs and magnets don't play together very well at all.

Everything I've read points to no effect on flash memory or reception, and Apple even sells cases with magnetized clasps. Of course, given Apple's track record as of late, that's no guarantee that there won't be problems!

I got an email from the company today letting me know that my order was set. Nice to hear from them.