Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Dude, I hope thats for timetrialing and not the road. Around here, riding on any type of disc wheel will put you over the shoulder and into the canyon, even the flats around the lake have too much cross wind. :P

Yeah it's only for TT's (and if my wife wants to use it for triathlons). I'm not (too) nuts.

My problem is that I'm basically running out of bike shit to buy.

Well I am just recovering from our little visit to Younville, Oakville and Napa. As you can guess we bought wine. I have heard that the weak economy has taken it's toll on the wine producers everywhere and I think we witnessed it first hand. We were very fortunate to have all of our wine tasting fees comped and were treated very very well more like old friends rather than customers. Every wine we tasted was from fantastic to spectacular and we had private tastings in a number of wineries culminating in a private food matched tasting in Cardinale's collector's room with a spectacular view of Oakville and Mount Veeder. Pretty damn cool!

one mixed case of Blackbird Merlot

one and one half cases of Peter Michael Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Bordeaux style Cabernet Sauvignon

one case of Valdez Pinot Noir

One mixed case of Signorello Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pedrone Cabernet

One half Case of Burgundy

One case of La Jota Cabernet, One case of La Jota Merlot and One case of Cardinale

One and a half mixed case of Kristine Ashe vineyards Cabernet, Sauvignon Blanc and Rose

They have claims of 22 hours? Maybe I'm doing something wrong (or else it's just because of me having discrete rather than integrated graphics.) I've got a single 9 cell in mine, and I get about 5 hours, 30 minutes of normal use. The slice battery is another 9 cells, so that would be about 11 hours.

That said, I love my T410. Good choice.

i was referring to this.

http://www.dvhardware.net/article40090.html

read very fast. so might have misunderstood. however it does say 22 hours. dont know if that is with just a single battery or 2 of them.

Make Me Poor

Let me know when you buy a pair of these. :lol:

I'm too heavy for them or the Reynolds RZR 46T at a mere $6k. I have Zipp 404 clinchers already. I will probably end up with a pair of MadFiber Tubulars in the future but to be honest none of that shit really makes much difference past a point and I'll still be too slow.

Excuse me if that sounds nihilistic. I had a rather depressing day on the bike today

kickass doc. did you get the newfangled 22 hour battery too? im curious if with actual use one can even squeeze out 12 hours of it. if so it would be perfect for me.

I didn't, I got the base model with the Core i3 with an upgrade to 4 GB of memory. 5 hours battery life should be enough for me since my longest ward rounds are 4 hours. I am pretty damn happy with the price from the Lenovo website, considering it has a removable battery, faster processor, more memory, and better build compared to other more expensive laptops.

Worse for me........................I didn't ride. :(

I dunno. I sort of wish I had not ridden. Been working my ass off on the trainer (nearly 10 hrs this week alone) and went out for the local group ride and got popped like a zit by a bunch of masters riders and my ex-coach who hasn't ridden for months due to injury and had maybe a week back on the bike. I'm starting to realize that as much as I work at it I'll probably never be competitive even at the cat 4/5 level which is just depressing.

But at least I now get to enjoy the superbowl and not worry too much about dieting.

i was referring to this.

http://www.dvhardware.net/article40090.html

read very fast. so might have misunderstood. however it does say 22 hours. dont know if that is with just a single battery or 2 of them.

Well that's the 9 cell I have plus an additional 9-cell "slice" battery that attaches to the underside of the laptop. Both 9 cells have equivalent Wh ratings, so you essentially double your battery capacity by getting one. Unfortunately for me, it costs an extra $130 to buy the slice on its own.

Well you don't have a cleaver yet so there is something to explore. You know what they say, a kitchen without a cleaver is like a Harley without the leather. Try to find one that is damascus or made with Cowry steel that will keep you busy for a while. The cleaver will serve as backup to the HC shovel come armageddon.

Edited by Augsburger

Believe it or not my Watanabe deba is 11.5mm at the spine, a bit overkill I think.

Bought today one case of Ojai Pinot, one case of Kosta Browne Pinot and one case of Williams Selyem Sonoma Coast Pinot. Almost done with Pinot.