Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

xlmr1226sbsbl.jpg

and

new-balance-m993-3.jpg

new balance just went straight to the top of the customer service list for me. i thought i was ordering one pair of shoes but in fact placed the order for the wrong pair. entirely my mistake. got the box a few minutes ago and called them to find out if there was anything i could do. the guy said no restocking fee (i had merely opened the box), sent me a free ups shipping label for the return and gave me a 20% discount (already expired now) on the pair that i actually wanted and offered free shipping on the new pair.

definitely will be going back to them in the future. have a 15% off coupon with free shipping in case anyone wants its - must buy 2 pairs of shoes though.

1226's are mighty comfortable.

a John Boos 20x15 maple board. with amazon prime, it was a no brainer. this is the size i've wanted for a while. not end grain, but i have enough sharpening skill and enough knives to cycle through that the slightly higher edge wear doesn't matter much to me. i really want one of the high end synthetic boards, but the are too expensive. even the sani-tuffs are too expensive, in the 1"+ thick version (the thinner versions wobble). i think the Boos will make me happy. i bought grade III wood glue and filled the cracks in my existing end grain board, but i haven't been able to get it flat, despite some heavy soaking and weighting down. that irritates me.

Let me know how you like it. I thought about getting the John Boos end grain maple board before I got the one I did (hopefully the one I ordered will show up next week).

I have 4 of the Epicurean boards and like them a lot but one of the reasons is that I can throw them in the dishwasher... I am lazy. I will let you know how I like the butcher block compares to the Epicurean boards when I get it (it was estimated to be delivered Feb 14-17 on the ebay page when I ordered it). Of course, I haven't received a shipping notification...

Edited by shellylh

are they easy on knives? Greg seems to think so, but he drinks a lot of wine, so i don't know if he's trustworthy...

I drink a lot of wine too so you really shouldn't trust me. ;)

Real answer: I guess but I have nothing to compare them to since they are the only boards that I have used with my good knives.

M%20796_10S_LM-Ducati-Corse_C01S%20[1200x800].jpg

Ducati Monster 796! Should be here in 3 weeks!

Congrats! Same exact bike, down to the color scheme, that I've been drooling over for months. Want to have a Ducati to ride in Cayman, but not something as powerful as my S4RS which would be completely unmanageable here and would never get out of 2nd gear. I've been close to pulling the trigger a couple of times, but some other important things have been taking priority.

It appears I just bought three cases of Kistler Chardonnay and Pinot and five bottles of Harlan Bond. I need to up my wine drinking or find another locker.

One can never go wrong with the Kistler. Which vineyard(s)? I should probably place an order this year because they'll likely drop me off their mailing list.

I got some of everything ---

2008 Hyde Vineyard Carneros Chardonnay

2008 Kistler Vineyard Sonoma Valley Chardonnay

2008 Vine Hill Vineyard Russian River Valley Chardonnay

2008 Cuvée Elizabeth Bodega Headlands Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir

2008 Cuvée Catherine Occidental Station Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir

Yep, can't go wrong with Kistler that is why I went big. The Harlan is not too shabby either.