Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

A Senn HD201 at Newegg for $12.99 including shipping. Actually I bought 3, two of which are going to be presents.

For the price they sound amazingly good, heck it is probably the best buy in audio I have made.

Hmm, they are showing $34 now...

I just picked up a NAD 7140 receiver in great shape for a song. The guy I bought it from was amazed that I wanted it, given that it's so old it has a phono input. "From the days when people listened to records?!" were his approximate words. It drives my newly-made frankenfoster orthos nicely, and gives them a needed bump in the bass compared to my other amps. With my HD600s I actually turned the bass down and treble up - probably a first for me. I'm a rock drummer and I like my bass.

I am pleased with this thing so far.

You should post up how you made the frankenorthos in the ortho thread.

a Yoshihiro Usuba. i'll probably end up with a 300mm yanagi too (for, you know, all the sashimi that i make at home, right?), but i'm going to wait until i find a really nice knife stand, as i have no easy way of storing a knife that long. i don't care for this one, or the smaller 3 knife version, for whatever reason. the Yoshihiro knives are super cheap for their quality, at least in the kasumi line, but, unfortunately, it makes me more likely to buy them. i will get plenty of use out of the Usuba, though. great mincers. i'll also need the practice on a smaller chisel ground knife before taking on the sharpening of a 300mm yanagi.

it's a good thing that this isn't 300mm, as i'd probably buy it. as it is, i have an itchy paypal finger. i have a problem.

Hey, in the upcoming battle vs the meat and vegetables, you will be ready.

Technically a Hyundai Elantra, as I just wrote the last payment out and now going to walk to the corner mail box.

Congrats! I remember feeling really good when I made the final payment on my last car (then really annoyed when the bank proceeded to make the automatic payment for two more months).

Edited by Salt Peanuts

LMK how you like it - also which model did you get?

tsn_38361_pwrshvl_r_2329_xl.jpg

http://www.toro.com/home/snowthrowers/electric/powershovel.html

I gave it a quick test yesterday and was pretty impressed for ~$100. I'll give it a thorough thrashing tomorrow clearing the deck before the 4 to 6" of snow/slush/ice gets here tomorrow night. There's a short video at the link above which is pretty accurate. One important thing to note is that it'll only throw snow straight out of the shoot which does limit/dictate how you use it.

really high quality natural stones are hard to get. :) water stones remind me of woodwind instruments. as the original material becomes rare and expensive, synthetic materials made from the dust of the original material are invented that work as well.

Yeah but woodwind instruments should last forever... I guess that would be true of the stone if you don't use it.

They have claims of 22 hours? Maybe I'm doing something wrong (or else it's just because of me having discrete rather than integrated graphics.) I've got a single 9 cell in mine, and I get about 5 hours, 30 minutes of normal use. The slice battery is another 9 cells, so that would be about 11 hours.

That said, I love my T410. Good choice.

Edited by revolink24

More bike shit. Including a thing to turn my regular wheels into a aero disc wheel which I'm pretty excited about.

Dude, I hope thats for timetrialing and not the road. Around here, riding on any type of disc wheel will put you over the shoulder and into the canyon, even the flats around the lake have too much cross wind. :P

Shelly, nice score on the Justin and Beaujalais. You like the Jadot?

Edited by Augsburger