Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

here is a traditional style. octagonal is also traditional. i can send you the octagonal handle from my Mizuno, once i have the new handle on it, though i'd prefer you didn't cut it up.

All I really need Jacob is a good view of the end that attaches to the knife, and the tab (if you will) of the knife that slides into the handle.

I think I like the look of the octagonal best.

Edited by swt61

I meant that I don't like Valentina Lisitsa's playing. And no, don't take it in the way that I am somehow misogynistic again. :palm: I think she's part of this era's "bang bang" style of playing as fast and "virtuosic" as you can and just banging out notes, without regard for beauty or nuance. Other notables: Lang Lang and Evgeny Kissin.

No, I won't make that mistake again. I thought the frowny faces were because I didn't notice her.

So I take it you're not interested in going? (Kinda late, but I could probably find a seat nearby if you do want to go. But I also didn't think you'd want to spend $75+ right now. But all you violinists are in the same club, so y'all let each other in to your concerts for free anyway, right?)

Haven't yet used it, but I'll keep you posted if it is indeed a bargain at $110.00 less than the Fein.

chicagoq.jpg

So I've used this tool a lot in the last few days, and it's awesome! One big bonus that I hadn't even thought of is as a sheetrock saw. I had to cut out a large portion of a wall, to insulate for sound deadening, and the semi round blade cut through the sheetrock like butter. It was easy to follow my guide lines, and very little dust to clean up. Was great for cutting out around switches and power outlets too. It also has worked great for cutting back base trim in place, cutting off the excess of door shims, and even cutting through 1/2" plywood.

I see a lot of uses for this little tool. Finally, something at Harbor Freight that I can hardily recommend!

And for the UK, it is probably all fucking speculators driving the prices up :angry:

But I wouldn't want to be in Italy right now - they apparently get 25% of their oil from Libya. And for a country already in deep crap economically, an oil supply squeeze could be catastrophic.

But all you violinists are in the same club, so y'all let each other in to your concerts for free anyway, right?)

Hah, in the profession it's more like violinists and musicians in general pride themselves in being busy with another gig and thus not being able to attend. After all, more work means more success. I will be busy, but for engineering related stuff. I'm sure the concert will be nice, enjoy.