Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

How does the Luxardo compare to Amaretto? Oh and with all the other awesomeness in the Liquor money shot I missed the Tito's, also interested in your opinion of that.

It is amaretto. I've only compared it to the Disaronno. It's sweet, but it has a complex flavor. There is a gift set now, where you can get a small bottle and some cherries that would be the way to go if anyone wanted to try this.

I have an opinion on Tito's but it's not favorable... But I will say, one thing is it's an essential bar item for a Texan. At least in Austin, it has a huge following.

Edited by luvdunhill

Thanks Marc, I will keep my eyes open for the gift set as I am running low on cherries. Also, don't hold back on the Tito's.

It's like $11 I think. If for some bizarre reason you cannot find it, I can pick it up. I'm about ready to need another drinkupny "redirect", so the more favors I can do for anyone out there the better :)

@ Jim: Haven't tried the Tito's yet but thought I should have some in house being in Texas... but now that I have heard Marc's comments on Titos I am probably not going to be in a big hurry to try it. :P

Also, be careful about the Luxardo gift pack, the one they had at my liquor store had cherry jam, not cherries (although the cherry jam is probably good).

@ Jim: Haven't tried the Tito's yet but thought I should have some in house being in Texas... but now that I have heard Marc's comments on Titos I am probably not going to be in a big hurry to try it. :P

Also, be careful about the Luxardo gift pack, the one they had at my liquor store had cherry jam, not cherries (although the cherry jam is probably good).

really.... I didn't notice it was jam.

Anyways, the place I ordered from was really sketchy herbalist. That was just my attempt at poking fun at them :)

Mike, great looking pick-up there. I am cornering the ugly watch market now with a Suunto Core All Black, Bell & Ross BR01-92 and Bell & Ross BR03-92 showing up by the end of the week. Then next week the pretty stuff comes. :D

Edited by VPI