Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I left the order as the walnut finish, because that's what I liked most. I only considered the piano gloss black because they offered the demos to me at the same price as the walnut, even though they cost $70 more. I thought that maybe it would help raise the resale value in case I ever have to sell them later.

I'm also restoring my iPhone backup to the new 4S right now. Looking forward to trying it out soon. I didn't have time to do this before leaving for RMAF on Friday.

Another set of wheels for my lake house bike.

That post would be like Jacob posting "I bought a knife". azn.gif Details? Carbon fiber, total weight, Campy or Shimano and did you sneak in any SRAM components?

Enquiring minds want to know................

That post would be like Jacob posting "I bought a knife". azn.gif Details? Carbon fiber, total weight, Campy or Shimano and did you sneak in any SRAM components?

Enquiring minds want to know................

Lol fair enough. Just some used Mavic Ksyrium Elites for my oldest bike to replace the stock POS wheels. I have another set that I have used on that bike before and it was truly night and day improvement in ride quality and the price was right to upgrade that bike.

That bike is 9 speed Shimano but otherwise I ride SRAM. I don't think I will ever switch. It works great and identically in the three different levels I have of it.

On a side note the purchase was a bit ill timed wife wise due to the start of saving up to do a one time purchase for my son's college education. Prepaid plans rule but the price difference between paying over time and lump sum is steep here in VA at over 7.5% apr.

Edited by Dreadhead

Ksyrium/SRAM rules, perhaps some day soon for me as well but we need to kick up our daughter's college fund since the "lump sum funding" plan we put into place years ago would work great for nest year when she enters college..........if the year was 1964. embarrassed.gif

That post would be like Jacob posting "I bought a knife&quot

This made me laugh. :)

On a side note the purchase was a bit ill timed wife wise due to the start of saving up to do a one time purchase for my son's college education. Prepaid plans rule but the price difference between paying over time and lump sum is steep here in VA at over 7.5% apr.

Ksyrium/SRAM rules, perhaps some day soon for me as well but we need to kick up our daughter's college fund since the "lump sum funding" plan we put into place years ago would work great for nest year when she enters college..........if the year was 1964. embarrassed.gif

Yeah, we started college funds years ago, but the funding them part has been slow going. Some trusted friends and my accountant said I should max out our retirement accounts way before the kids' college funds. Tax wise, it makes more sense, plus who knows what will happen with college 10-15 years from now... not sure I feel totally comfortable with it, or totally get it, but have been going more that route. Guess we'll see what happens when the time comes!

Edited by jvlgato