Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Exactly what I did, though I ended up getting a SmugMug account as well since sharing a private pictures with family/friends is a lot easier with SmugMug than with Flickr.

Cool. I've already got 2k+ photos of other stuff with them so probably just going to stick with it and I got the "passport" or whatever figured out finally.

You mean to tell me you're buying a DAC III Platinum when there is the DAC III Signature & Diamond, DAC IV Platinum, Signature & Diamond, not to mention the Platinum, Signature & Diamond power bases?! I thought you were a member of Team Overkill!!!

Damn, congrat on that purchase Biggie. Jealous. And extremely interested in your thoughts so hurry up and get it and test it and play with it and let us know how it is! :)

Well I can always upgrade later on (the dacs just plug into the motherboard) but paying an obscene amount of money for some slightly better resistors is just not a good move in my book. Plus, that money has been allocated elsewhere... for expensive resistors for use in new amp designs. :)

I really have no idea about the differences between their products, so I was completely joking. I did check, though, and they will be at RMAF so I can check that out. Plus, they are located only 1.5 hours from here...

Edited by Voltron

I really have no idea about the differences between their products, so I was completely joking. I did check, though, and they will be at RMAF so I can check that out. Plus, they are located only 1.5 hours from here...

I know you were... :) I can't wait to hear this one though since in theory it should be awesome and as "future proof" as they come.

Well I can always upgrade later on (the dacs just plug into the motherboard) but paying an obscene amount of money for some slightly better resistors is just not a good move in my book. Plus, that money has been allocated elsewhere... for expensive resistors for use in new amp designs. smile.png

Good stuff! I always liked the bang for the buck of their early Link DAC....briefly heard a Platinum DAC at a dealer's, it was a consignment sale beyond my price even used. But it sounded REALLY nice, even in an unfamiliar system.....

Now I just to figure out a good pun about resisting the resistors....tongue.png

Edited by skullguise

Cool. Where did you get those?

Found them at Hobby Lobby. 1/8 inch I.D. Dura-Collars, set of four.

They are part number DUB-139. When I run a search for that number, the wrong size & p/n appears.

I guess they have their database skewed. If I search for "set screw collars" the right ones appear. Go figure.

http://search2.hobby...t+screw+collars

Figure around seven bucks with shipping. Any local hobby shop that sells DIY radio control supplies carries these.

I didnt feel like wasting time and gas driving around looking for them. The interwebz is more convenient.

McMaster Carr carries them too, not sure if they are available with the plated finish and could be prone to rust.

Edited by livewire